Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Join our dynamic Company with this accounting and financial focused role within our Law Department. We're looking for an energetic, team player with a strong background in financial planning/accounting.
This person will possess solid accounting skills and strong analytical skills with experience in both analysis and operational performance, as well as the ability to demonstrate strategic thinking in all areas of work. The Sr. Analyst will play an important role in identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities, primarily in the department's financial processes and systems, but will also be able to have a wider impact throughout the department. The position requires active participation in the development and implementation of world class law department operations. This role will report to the Director of the Law Department and be required to own or participate in many projects with executive level visibility. A qualified candidate will be a self-starter who demonstrates the internal drive necessary to create, validate and manage multiple processes within a tight timeline.
In addition to the global Law Department with members in up to 20 different countries, this role will liaise directly with Finance, Treasury, Tax, HR, Audit, members of the Law Leadership Team, and Client's General Counsel.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Primary point of contact for suppliers and Law members utilizing Law's Matter & Spend Management System – will work directly and professionally with suppliers to resolve issues and ensures compliance
• Assists attorneys and internal business owners with the department's Legal Matter Outlooks (forecasts), including receiving updates from and providing guidance to attorneys/business owners, and ensuring all applicable accounting entries around this are complete
• Analysis of business client's legal matter spend and providing key metric data for executive reporting on this spend
• Owner of accounting process around pre-paids and/or licensing revenue-related entries for the department
• Assists in the creation and management of monthly forecasts and annual Plan
• Leads or participates in department-wide initiatives, including management of RFPs, Law Supplier Menu creation, matter analysis, and others
• Helping to uphold and maintain a robust control framework within the function of the position
• Drive process improvements and operational efficiencies while seeking opportunities to reduce cost and participates in the development of strategic initiatives to optimize our Legal spend
• 4-year college degree (Accounting or Finance, or some combination of both)
• 3+ years' experience in Accounting, Finance, or Audit role, including basic accounting skills, i.e. ability to prepare journal entries and account reconciliations
• Familiarity with SOX or other Audit compliance
• Must be able to adjust and work effectively in a dynamic environment
• Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of management
• Proficient in Microsoft applications -- Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, project management, prioritize work load, and display high-level organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and globally, with the ability to consult, build relationships, and/or indirectly influence and lead enterprise-wide and/or cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated training and auditing skills
• Operational experience with legal spend, including intellectual property
• Six Sigma and/or Lean continuous improvement training and project experience
More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Apply by creating/using account