Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Required Skills :
F5 & Scripting
Basic Qualifications :
Job Description :
Title: F5 Network Engineer
Duration: 6 month contract
Location: Plymouth, MN
A "full spectrum" resource.
That is, as skilled as possible in the variety of:
Architecture, design, implementation and break/fix Client/F5 competencies.
As we are primarily an operations group, there will be a stronger emphasis
on the design/implementation/break-fix.
But our customers are sometimes innovating, sometimes not-very-experienced,
and sometimes ask for "odd" things.
So having a good architectural grounding, and ability to quickly absorb our
standard approaches, will be helpful.
Contractor would ramp-up on the standard spread of activities performed
by most/all members of the existing Client team. This would include
working within our "peak season" environment, which will involve some
amount of non-8-to-5, non-M-F work.
(But there is also plenty of 8-5, M-F work...)
• Proven ability to work with both highly technical and business oriented resources and to work in a matrixed, team-based environment.
• Excellent customer service attitude and skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills with attention to deadlines and details
• Ability to self-manage and report on projects and initiatives
• Self-motivated and able to multitask under tight schedules.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong written, verbal and facilitation skills.
• Strong documentation skills including version management.
• Ability to remain effective with limited direction.
General F5 role
• Partner with application and other infrastructure teams to ensure optimum F5 configurations
• Ensure highly redundant performance and availability of the F5 systems.
• Lead F5 projects based on business needs, project requirements, and proactive improvement processes.
• Participate in cross-functional IT technical thought leadership collaboration with technical peers to create the best designs for a highly interconnected infrastructure.
• 5 + years hands-on experience with troubleshooting, including replacement, of F5 hardware appliances. Must include Viprion Chassis and blades, and at least 2 other common hardware series.
• 5 + years with hands-on experience on F5 BIG-IP GTM/LTM and APM.
• Strong troubleshooting/triage abilities utilizing common methodologies.
• Proficiency in at least one scripting language (ie. PowerShell, Bash, Perl).
• Extensive knowledge of Load balancing technology including algorithms and health check options
• Extensive knowledge and experience with hosting SSL certificates on the F5 BIG-IP platform
• Extensive knowledge and experience regarding F5 BIG-IP LTM VIP configurations
• Extensive knowledge and experience with F5 BIG-IP GTM Wide IP configurations
• Knowledge and experience with F5 BIG-IP iRule programming and troubleshooting
• Knowledge and experience with F5 BIG-IP software upgrades and procedures
• Knowledge and experience with f5 iApp deployments
• Knowledge and experience with F5 APM
• Knowledge and experience with F5 ASM
• Excellent understanding of DNS functionality and concepts as it relates to IPv4 and F5 GTM services
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP and HTTP as it pertains to packet inspection and TCP flow in support of customer problems
Apply by creating/using account