Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Required Skills :
Basic Qualifications :
Job Description :
From Hiring Manager:
We are looking for a UX/UI designer/contractor to join our team. Attached please find the job description which has been updated to reflect our focus on lean product design methodologies which include lean user research, setting up and validating hypothesis and overall focus on “can-do” attitude.
We are hoping to find the right person so we understand that the process may take some time and we are ready for that.
1. Please take the next week or so to pick your top two candidates for round one. Please make sure we have the person’s portfolio link (along with password if necessary) and link to their LinkedIn profile. Direct all candidate submissions to me the week of Nov 13th for round one.
2. We will review the candidates and invite some to complete a custom design exercise.
3. Once the exercise is done, please forward the file/s to us and, based on our assessment, we will invite the candidate to an in-person interview.
Must be heavy on the UX/Interaction side vs. just Visual design.
• The team is very much about Agile development. Example questions may address: working with incomplete requirements, creating user stories, dealing with quick turnaround, etc.
• A lot of projects start as POCs and move to production projects. They’re experiencing growing pains in ensuring consistency and aligning with brand as that handoff is made. Designers need to do all of interaction/visual/content design.
• The team works with many lines of business, which is similar to how framework needs to be informed from different product teams.
• If there's any mobile work to show, it'll go over well. Especially anything consumer-facing.
Purpose of the Design Exercise is to understand the candidate's design process.
Looking for someone who is looking to improve the overall User Experience - someone who thinks about the experience of actually using the app.
Background on team:
The Wells Fargo Innovation Group explores and experiments with emerging technologies that help elevate their relationship with WF customers and help their team members become more productive and innovative. They collaborate with various Lines of Business (LOB) within the bank and with technology innovators outside to create an intersection where they apply technology to create business value for the bank and their customers. The UX/UI Designer will be working on Projects, Proof of Concepts and Proof of Technologies carried out by the group. Most of these initiatives will involve use of emerging technologies to solve real business challenges or create new value for the bank.
Full Job Description:
UX/UI Designer (Contractor)
The Innovation Group’s Research and Development team develops new and innovative solutions for customers and team members. It focuses on next-generation and customer-inspired products, and services using the latest technologies including Artificial Intelligence, AR/VR, big data and others.
Do you want to be part of a historic opportunity redefining the future of banking and financial services? We’re seeking a mid-level designer to work on the next generation of innovative mobile applications. Our Innovation Group operates with a startup-style mindset and passion for great design. The ideal candidate is a rock star designer who loves solving problems and thrives in a fast-paced, rapid iteration environment. Applicants should have a strong blend of user research/empathy and interaction/visual design skills.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Employ lean product design methodology to develop and execute forward-looking “outside-the-box” customer experience solutions for mobile (iOS, Android and responsive), desktop and voice environments.
Define and deploy user-centered interaction design strategies for complex user interfaces
Participate in user research, early ideation, prototype creation and validation
Continually reevaluate the customer experience to enhance and simplify.
Perform all of the above functions with enhanced speed-to-market being a critical core component.
Work on multiple projects at the same time
3+ years creating world class digital experiences for web and mobile (iOS/Android) incl. all three: user experience, UI design and visual design
An impressive portfolio that showcases deep interaction and visual design skills. Please include link to portfolio with application.
Ability to conduct lean user research and testing
A deep understanding of how to apply the methodologies of interaction design and research consumer facing products
An understanding of when to innovate and when to fall back on familiar and proven interactions
Experience working in a Lean/Agile environment
Familiarity with Sketch, InVision, Principle and other relevant UX and UI design tools.
Comfortable with ambiguity and frequently changing project direction
Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
Strong collaboration and partnering skills
Articulate and comfortable presenting and defending their work
Apply by creating/using account