Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Required Skills :
Expert level Chef experience
Expert level knowledge of Jenkins
Communication skills should be excellent
Basic Qualifications :
Job Description :
Sr. DevOps Engineer
Barclaycard US Technology and Operations team is seeking talented engineers and visionaries, passionate about automating all the things to help us design and implement tools and infrastructure powering rapid delivery of our applications and the emerging technology platform. You will be responsible for the design and automation of our CI/CD stack, cloud infrastructure, monitoring, logging, and for evaluation and evangelizing forward looking processes, tools and technologies that can help us deliver our software faster, more efficient and make our platform nimble, resilient and scalable.
Successful candidates will be expert at Linux, Chef, CI/CD stack, building cloud-based/cloud-ready applications and working alongside and mentoring development and operational teams.
· Responsible for the day to day operation of systems and infrastructure powering our development and the operations teams: ensuring system reliability, efficiency, capacity and continuity
· Work with developers and release management to design and implement Jenkins and GoCD delivery pipelines
· Evolve components of the delivery pipeline, software deployment approaches and code management strategies
· Write automation code and tests, review code developed by others and provide constructive feedback; collaborate (swarm, pair) on complex requirements
· Identify, evaluate and evangelize new technology and approaches
· Work with the team on complex, multi faceted problems while bridging cultural, geographic and organizational gaps.
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent and relevant work experience.
· Self-motivated and naturally curious, analytical and problem solving mindset
· Excellent oral and written communication + awesome presentation and demo delivery skills, being able to explain complex or advanced concepts to a wide variety of audiences.
· Experience working with geographically distributed teams
· Solid understanding of software versioning concepts using Subversion and Git
· Experience with CI and build tools such as Jenkins, Maven, and Ant
· Experience with Tomcat and Apache deployments and configuration
· Solid understanding of networking, firewall and load balancing concepts and their configuration
· Expert knowledge of Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS) and Windows administration tools and tricks, good grip on networking and security concepts.
· Professional Software Development experience with Java, .NET, Ruby, etc..
· Practical knowledge of scripting and programming languages such as Python, Node.js, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, Golang.
· Professional experience working with server virtualization (VMWare, Xen, etc.), IaaS and/or PaaS technology such as AWS, Azure, GCE, Rackspace, Digital Ocean, Heroku, OpenStack.
· Professional experience or formal training on Configuration Management and infrastructure provisioning tools, such as Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Packer, CloudFormation, Terraform.
· Passion for and ability to work with software development teams releasing production-ready software on daily basis.
· Professional experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Travis-CI, GoCD, Chef Delivery.
· Practical experience administering application servers, web servers, and databases: Jetty, Tomcat, Websphere, Nginx, Mongrel, Microsoft IIS, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB.
Apply by creating/using account