Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Required Skill set:
Maintains smooth operation of local area, worldwide and virtual private networks (VPN). Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication
network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, firewalls, IPS/IDS, Cypto Gear, etc. May propose solutions to management to
ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Design and plan network communications systems.
• Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
• Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the
most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
• Conduct testing of network design.
• Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing,
such as routers, firewalls, hubs, firewalls, IDS/IPS, deep packet inspection analysis, application packet analysis, switches
(Nexus and Catalyst), and proxies (Reverse and Forward),etc.
• Evaluate and report on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
VOIP call manager administration and maintenance.
• Hands on experience with Cisco routers, switches, load-balancers, and firewalls
• Experience writing test plans, test procedures, and test reports
• Install and manage specialized network management applications, (Client OpenView, CA Spectrum, Solarwinds, Cisco Secure Servers-Client-SE)
• Hands on experience with BGP, OSPF, and DNS
• Hands on experience with DNS
• Proficient in MS PowerPoint to transform complex technical information into high-level, concise and clear presentations
• Strong written/verbal communication and attention to details
• Experience in project management
• Hands on experience with Red Hat Linux 5.X and 6.X
• Ability to perform network forensics
• Familiarity with NISPOM (Chapter 8) and/or DCID 6/ICD 503 requirements and classified processing environments and procedures.
• Travel will be required.
• Able to lift 40 lbs.
• Willingness to work after hours or weekends as needed.
• Must be able to obtain certifications to meet DoD 8570 requirements.
• CCNP (Cisco Certified Networking Professional)
• CCNP Routing and Switching
• CCNP Security
• CCNP VOIP
• GIAC Certified: GSNA/GCIH/GCIA
• Other IT Related Certifications
Apply by creating/using account