Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
As a Senior IT Internal Auditor, you will apply best practice and leading-edge audit techniques to planning and implementation activities over assigned assurance projects as identified in the annual audit plan and in accordance with departmental strategy and priorities, particularly related to Information Technology. Identify risks across all divisions and business functions. Recommend practical, appropriate, and cost effective methods to reduce identified risk exposures and increase the strength of the overall control environment. Deliver high quality reports and presentations to senior management to raise the level of control awareness throughout Client. Develop, maintain, and leverage ongoing relationships with individuals across the business by effectively communicating the role of GIA within Client.
Specifically, in relation to IT audits, responsible for planning and performing audits of information systems and related processes in a multi-platform environment. Responsible for performing audits on organizational IT policies, standards and procedures and provide recommendations on their adequacy. Identify and assess IT related risks and evaluate technology and business related controls for integrated IT and business audits.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Responsible for the planning, execution and follow up of assigned global assurance projects, as agreed with the GIA Leadership Team, as part of the annual GIA Plan. Deliver internal assurance reviews and projects to evaluate the adequacy of management of key risks and subsidiary risks. Lead and/or perform fieldwork for specific internal audit reviews and projects and participate directly in audit review delivery. Devise and negotiate practical and commercial recommendations to improve business risk management in assigned areas. Present issues and balanced conclusions that demonstrate a depth of business knowledge, to a high quality standard while meeting required reporting deadlines.
• Participate in project/committee/initiatives as assigned to support assurance objectives. Document and present the results of this involvement to stakeholders on a periodic basis.
• Develop and continually strengthen working relationships with key stakeholders. Reinforce management ownership of controls through continuous stakeholder engagement. Contribute substantial, well-thought out information into the Dynamic Risk Assessment (DRA) process during the year, drawing on these relationships. In particular, collaborate and build relationships particularly with Business Reputation and Responsibility (Risk Management, Legal, Corporate Responsibility, and Standards) and Technology.
• Support and contribute to assigned GIA functional areas (e.g., Resources, Technical/Methodology, Communications, and Fraud).
• Lead and/or conduct fraud investigations as assigned. Ensure investigations are performed discreetly, and obtain/co-ordinate functional expertise from other departments (e.g. HR, Legal and Finance) as appropriate. Ensure that all correspondence and evidence is retained and protected and the investigation is led in accordance with legal requirements appropriate to the local jurisdiction.
• Develop and assist with the implementation and use of Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques (CAATS) within GIA.
• Support the development and implementation of data analytics more broadly in the business.
• Assist in managing and partner with GlA's co-sourced technology assurance partner(s) (external professional services firm).
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business, and Accounting or in a relevant field.
• CISA or related required; CIA or equivalent preferred; CPA preferred. CISSP, CISM, or other similar certification a plus.
Four years + related work experience information technology internal/external audit, process improvement, finance, accounting or operations. Prior experience should include significant involvement in the review of controls and business processes and at least one year experience managing teams and/or significant complex projects.
Technical skills and Knowledge:
• Demonstrated knowledge of risk assessment, internal audit standards and techniques.
• Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively and foster collaboration across global teams, both on-site and remotely.
• Ability to grasp complex business issues and develop and present innovative and practical solutions, and achieve agreement from Senior Management.
• Excellent facilitation and presentation skills, including the ability to inspire confidence and establish credibility with Senior Management.
• Capable of acting independently and objectively, with the courage to constructively present recommendations in potentially sensitive or contentious areas.
• Working knowledge of US corporate governance and other applicable regulatory frameworks.
• Demonstrated understanding of digital and information systems industries.
• Demonstrated knowledge of ERP/HRMS systems (such as PeopleSoft, Workday).
• Demonstrated understanding of system development methodologies, IT operating systems, logical security, disaster recovery planning, data interrogation techniques, Network Architecture/Security, Attack and Penetration Testing, e-commerce and digital platforms, Oracle/SQL Server Security, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards, Web Server Security.
• Demonstrated knowledge of cloud computing environments.
• Demonstrated knowledge of systems development concepts and regulatory guidelines and requirements.
• Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory requirements for product development and IT operations departments.
• Demonstrated knowledge of major control frameworks including COSO, CoBIT, ITIL, and ISO.
• Demonstrated knowledge of project management frameworks such as PMI.
• Demonstrated knowledge of ACL and/or IDEA.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally – approximately 25%.
Visit our careers site for a list of the benefits offered in your region in addition to a competitive base salary and strong work/family programs.
More Information About the Job
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Apply by creating/using account