Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The skillset of the candidates being interviewed must match what is listed in the job description and what is reflected on their resumes.
This position is a Senior Level position.
Local candidates Only (local to Ohio)
Face-to-Face interviews Only
Please include a professional reference with the submittal
Please submit resumes in a word document and remove all candidate personal (phone email)and vendor information.
PLEASE DO NOT reach out to ANY individuals at ODOT regarding this posting nor candidates for this posting. All questions/comments/etc. must be directed to the MSP Team, specifically, Andy Hovest. Contact information can be found below. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support on this.
Requirement Description: The candidate will be supporting The Ohio Department of Transportation's Ellis Development Team and will be working with a designated application team: Application Development Manager, project manager, application architect, and quality assurance analyst in an iterative development environment.
Ellis is a web-based application for planning, forecasting, managing financials, and delivering projects for assets (roads, bridges, railroads, culverts, etc.), throughout the state. Ellis is an enterprise application, used by all of the district offices across the state and supports over 10,000 projects planned for the next 20 years.
This position will function as a highly skilled Senior Level PR4 with specific responsibilities that include:
• Review and understand the Application Team's work plan.
• Provide status of work and deliverable estimate to Team Lead.
• Participation in requirements gathering sessions.
• Develop application designs in support of the application's specifications and interfaces.
• Anticipate, identify, track and resolve issues and risks.
• Resolve issues of inaccuracy or feasibility.
• Maintain application that is composed of legacy technology.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, the ability to manage time, work under pressure of tight deadlines, and meet assigned deadlines.
1. Ability to collaborate, negotiate and take direction form the supporting resources across business and/or functional lines.
2. Possess excellent communication skills; both oral and written skills including
strong meeting and work session skills.
3. Have excellent organizational skills, proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
4. Demonstrate proven experience in troubleshooting issues.
5. Candidate must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Mandatory Requirements/Time 4 year college degree or equivalent technical study with advanced study preferred.
3 years' experience working on a web development project.
8 years' relevant experience:
• Java v1.4
• Knowledge of Source Control Tools
• CSS v2.0
• Proficient in the standard SQL (Structured Query Language): syntax used by any one of the following database vendors (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, Sybase
Desired Skills Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS - Source Control Tool)
Apply by creating/using account