Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Rate: $50-55 Pay rate to the candidate
Location : Middle Town,NJ
Number of positions open: 6
Cisco (BroadSoft) Platform Certification & Advanced Technical Support Engineer
The Cisco (BroadSoft) Platform Certification & Advanced Technical Support team is looking for Engineers that want to join and aggressive and seasoned team to innovate and bring to market new products and services for Telecommunication Enterprise VoIP customers. In this role, the Engineers will assist with high level technical design, patching and system upgrades, proof of concept/product development efforts, documentation, and internal training. Understanding complex enterprise-grade VoIP architectures, partnering with peer organizations, attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, and leading cross-functional teams are critical capabilities for success in this role.
The Engineer will act as the Single Point of Contact for multiple realms:
1. Development of lab and field environments (instantiation, configuration, upgrades, capacity augments, etc.)
2. Certification of the application complexes within Lab and Field environments to ensure that that Platforms are meeting design specifications and support project/service requirements.
3. Ensure that the Platforms are Operating optimally and handle escalations for customer/production issues from Operations (Tier 2) and Advanced Technical Support (Tier 3) groups.
The ideal candidate will
1. Possess 5+ years of Cisco (Broadsoft) Platform experience supporting VoIP and/or Mobility services.
2. Be capable of a high level of independent work while balancing the demands of both project-based and ad hoc tasks.
3. Have a strong background in networking protocols, design, and principles of data and packet-based networks.
4. Have strong organizational skills, be action oriented, results driven, and work with minimal direction.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Assist in the ongoing design, implementation, and maintenance of our BroadSoft BroadWorks based Unified Communications solution.
· Perform system maintenance, including patch evaluations and recommendations, systems upgrade recommendations, development of MOPs and test plans, lab testing, and execution of patching/upgrades in concert with the Operations team
· Responsible for production support of platform related issues for problem and troubleshooting/diagnosis and resolution
· Responsible for test planning and execution of VM Integration, VM configuration, and network validation testing in a large telecommunications environment.
· Experience with End to End call flow and BroadSoft platform troubleshooting techniques.
· Developing test scripts and plans; Perl and / or Shell scripting experience is a plus
· Provide Lab environment test support
· Deep understanding and debugging capabilities for SIP and WireShark traces/captures
· Attend project meetings to review system and test requirements
· Provide production and escalation support to Operations and Service teams
· Report and analyze Change Management activities across the VoIP network
· Provide on-call support for after hour emergencies and exceptions
· Execute assigned tasks within assigned timeframes and budgets. May work with and take direction from project managers to ensure completion as necessary.
· BroadSoft BroadWorks Technical Certification or 5+ years of BroadSoft platform experience with configuration and troubleshooting in Linux.
· Expert level knowledge of the BroadSoft Broadworks platform ranging from client facing troubleshooting to system patching and maintenance
· Experience providing Collaboration services via BroadWorks UMS, USS, and UVS platforms.
· Strong problem and troubleshooting/diagnosis and resolution experience.
· Experience with VoIP and/or Mobility Solutions with extensive knowledge of Dial Plans, Call Features and Media Resources
· Unix skills and knowledge of OpenStack and relevant protocols for virtual services design like HTML, XML, Java, Python is a plus.
· Domain 2.0 Telecommunication Integrated Cloud (AIC) Platform: Experience with cloud environment / infrastructure & knowledge and hands on experience in Openstack including Openstack Heat.
· Strong communications skills – required for working directly with vendors, customers, and manage/direct outage bridges.
· Excellent leadership, interpersonal collaboration, and communication skills (excellent oral and technical writing skills) required.
· Issue management and tracking (good project management and record keeping skills)
· Knowledge of quality/bug tracking systems (i.e. Quality Center, TMATS) and testing processes
· Testing and field support after hours may be needed
· Deep understanding of the SIP protocol and IETF/ITUT standards in support of VoIP services. Examples: RFCs 3261, 3262, 3264, 4566, etc. a plus.
· Experience in automation. Ability to write working code or scripts to analyze data and automate platform related testing and maintenance.
Apply by creating/using account