Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
This position will play a key role in the strategic direction of the HR Enterprise Learning & Development group (ELD) support of SCE System and Technical training programs. As part of the system and technical programs, this position will be responsible for contributing to the overall training development of new technology systems or maintenance of existing systems, as well as associated operational and business processes.
The Training Specialitst position works directly with the Training Lead to represent SCE during the duration of a project. The position will manage critical training milestones relative to the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation during the duration of a project.
· Support development of deployment activities including training and workshops with SCE and 3rd party stakeholders. Work closely with the Process Team, Business SMEs and Change Process Leads to understand business processes (as-is and to-be) and requirements. Conduct other research and SME outreach as necessary to fully understand training needs and requirements.
· Lead training material development to support all training efforts throughout test, deploy, and stabilize phases. Leverage instructional design principles to construct forward-thinking, engaging, simple, and usable learning materials. Lead training exercises including train-the-trainer, project team training and development, 3rd party training, SME training and other identified stakeholders.
· Consult with technical resources for methods, procedures, and standards to use during deployment phase. Develop industry knowledge and current best practices to develop and deliver the most up-to-date training materials and methodology.
· Identify, clarify, and resolve issues and risks concerning all training and development activities and escalating issues as needed.
· Document and communicate the status of training development, planning and other tasks.
· Develop success measures and criteria to ensure that all milestones and objectives are being met by trainees. Monitor and provide quality assurance and reporting around all training workshops and activities.
· Eight years of experience with instructional design, graphic design, and/or learning technology.
· Experience working with the ADDIE Model and development of eLearning curriculum and tools
· Demonstrated experience with development curriculum for major system implementations
· Bachelor's degree in instructional design, graphic design, instructional technology, or equivalent work experience
· Demonstrated experience developing training materials for utilities
· Demonstrated thorough experience working with Company and department policies, objectives, strategies, goals, applicable governmental and regulatory laws and requirements, and accounting and budgeting practices.
· Comprehensive knowledge of information technology
· Expertise with eLearning development software: Storyline or Adobe Captivate preferred; uPerform
· Expertise creating small video snippet courses; microlearning; virtual classrooms
· Experience applying adult learning theory, to include measuring outcomes of eLearning
· Experience using video recording, and editing software
· Familiarity with gamification
· Authoring Tools used to develop training: Dreamweaver, Toolbook, Captivate, Lectora, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia
· Training Outputs: Computer Assisted Instruction (CAI), Computer-based training (CBT), Interactive Courseware (ICW)
· Adobe Software: (eLearning Suite, Photoshop, Premier, Indesign, Acrobat Professional)
· Developed Virtual Classroom curriculum, including virtual classroom facilitation
Apply by creating/using an account