Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
As an onsite Tech Lead in Big Data Data Science team, you will play a vital role in representing the company within client environment as an engineering ambassador. You will be coordinating the engineering collaborations between onsite and offshore teams in meeting and exceeding client expectations. Various client teams including engineering (DevOps, infrastructure, security, performance, etc) and business will consider this role as the key contact point for them to get platform specific information, raise platform issues and be part of estimation & brainstorming sessions.
● Provide onsite technical coordination, guidance and support to bridge the time difference between U.S and offshore
● Setting up the development environments in local machine and be part of application development activities as well as to troubleshoot any urgent production/integration/security/performance issues and clear the blockers
● Prepare and maintain necessary documents such as Architecture, Design, Troubleshooting, Deployment, Configuration, etc
● Participate in technical discussions with client stakeholders and translate client business/engineering needs to solution architectures and effectively communicate the same with offshore teams.
● Proactively and professionally liaison with client stakeholders and other vendor teams in building a good relationship and provide the status updates while sorting out any complications.
● Work closely with the offshore Big Data Platform and Microservices Business Unit Heads/Architects and define strategic roadmaps to deliver client's business needs, and taking the responsibility in consulting the client stakeholders to understand and accept the roadmap for delivery
● Continuous support to clear the blockers for offshore teams by coordinating with various onsite technical and business teams to complete the deliveries on time
● Be hands-on in engineering and the ability to deep dive into coding where necessary.
● Be on alert for new opportunities from the client and demo/pitch the developed/potential capabilities to right stakeholders
● Actively partner with enterprise, security EAs, DevOps and other engineering teams from client end to understand their needs and proactively plan to meet them
● Be proactive in identifying risks, challenges, issues and bring them to senior management attention, seek advices and solve before they become major issues.
● Travel offshore on a short duration basis upon request for networking/broader solutioning discussions etc. (company funded)
Required Experience & Skills:
● Hands on with Hive, Pig, Apache Spark and Hadoop stack in general.
● Experience working in both batch and streaming data
● Experience working with machine learning methods like clustering, regression, classification, frequent item mining and collaborative filtering
● Strong Python, Scala, Java and R language skills with experience writing mapreduce jobs, udfs, etc
● Hands on experience on cloud platform such as AWS, GCP and Azure
● Deep understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, noSQL storage (Big Table, Big Query or Hbase) Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard Development
● Broader and deep knowledge in Big Data solutioning, highly scalable and fault tolerant enterprise middle-tier application solutioning, development and productionalization.
● Broader and deep knowledge in software architecture, design and integrations considering functional and non-functional requirements
● Excellent communication, articulation and leadership skills to connect with stakeholders at different level
● Be able to run pilots and PoCs quickly and deploy it to production
● Ability to engage and interact with various technical, business and outside teams
● Ability to understand and assimilate any technology quickly
● Ability to plan and execute technology/product roadmap
Apply by creating/using an account