Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Role | Network Engineer
Client Location | Los Angeles CA
Hiring mode | Contract Employment
End Client for current project | FOX/HCL
Fox Group Information Technology
Senior Network Engineer
Provides data network design, implementation, documentation, and troubleshooting with particular focus on firewalls, security, and datacenter networks. Responsible for technical management of advanced networking hardware and circuits and will provide network services support to application developers, end users and other operational personnel. Provides design and product recommendations and configurations for both datacenter and branch office network and security deployments. Requires experience with firewalls, load balancing, design and troubleshooting, and Internet environments.
These systems are used worldwide for multiple Business Units to deliver both television and theatrical content with extremely tight SLAs. This position will work closely with these BU's, both with their technical support teams as well as their managers and executives, to bring resilient, scalable designs and quick resolutions to any network challenges that may arise. The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for all technical aspects of network implementations with design guidance from the corporate network engineering team in Los Angeles.
1. Local & Wide Area Network and Network Security Support
• Acts as subject matter expert on network security and firewall policy analysis, QA, and review.
• Responsible for the operation and maintenance of Fox's datacenter firewalls.
• Performs network and security hardware and software maintenance.
• Ensures standards are maintained for firewalls and other network edge device version updates & patches
• Interfaces with vendors and Fox partners to ensure security is maintained and integrated into all network connectivity activities.
• Produces and interprets network security analysis reports.
• Teams with Enterprise Security Services to implement and operate security policies and procedures.
• Provides, on an as-needed basis, 4th level escalation for network outages and application troubleshooting.
2. Network Design
• Consults with customers to identify data and network security requirements.
• Prepares and updates network security documentation.
• Designs and configures network security implementations.
• Assesses new and relevant networking and security technologies.
3. Design Reviews
• Maintains security design requirements documentation with accurate SCDS information.
• Participates as a Subject Matter Expert in architectural and security design reviews.
• Makes recommendations on existing projects to improve network security.
• Communicates security plans, status and security issues to management on a regular basis.
• Reports security activities through time tracking system.
• Mentors other network engineers with security best practices.
• Participates in project and activity tracking processes.
• Participates in the change control process.
• Continuously updates and improves skills and networking knowledge through training and self-study.
• Five years of experience designing and managing complex global enterprise networks
• Five years of hands on experience with firewalls (Palo Alto, Juniper, Cisco)
• Five years of experience with routing protocols such as, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
• Three years of experience with F5 load balancers
• Three years of experience with Cisco Nexus switches and routers
Must have strong abilities in the following areas:
• Palo Alto Firewalls and Panorama Management
• Juniper Data Center SRX
• Cisco Nexus switches (7k, 6k, 5k and 2k) and routers
• Enterprise routing protocols (i.e. EIGRP, OSPF, BGP)
• Traffic monitoring and analytics such as packet capture analysis, with Wireshark and Splunk.
Moderate ability in the following areas preferred:
• Big IP F5 Load Balancing
• Remote access and VPN
• Strong project coordination skills.
• Strong relationship management and negotiation skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong ability to interpret impact of technology choices.
• PCNSE (preferred)
• JNCIP-SEC (preferred)
• F5-CA (desired)
• CCNP (desired)
Relationship Management Intermediate
Problem Solving Advanced
B.S. degree in a computer, physical sciences or engineering related discipline. This requirement may be waived only if the candidate demonstrates expert technical abilities.
Candidate must be fluent in English. Other language skills a plus.
Light travel may be required. Candidate must have a valid passport.
Candidate must pass local background and security checks. Must have expert skills in the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio).
Apply by creating/using account