Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Position: Direct hire
• Manages operations, evolve, optimize and provide support to the managed file transmission corporate platform.
• Ensures smooth operations of the platform, monitoring, troubleshooting and proactive resolution of incidents; following up on requests from technical and business teams as well as analyze and apply changes as per corporate processes to the configuration, perform upgrades and tuning to the applications.
• Acts as liaison among stakeholders and external customers in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for change to business processes and information systems.
• Needs to understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals within the Transmissions area of responsibilities.
• Coordinates all aspects of testing activities and owning the quality of projects. Proactively contributes, offers recommendations, and identifies risks and solutions associated with proposed or existing software applications strategies.
• Works with internal and external business users and developers to assist with the implementation of new clients.
• Conducts business process analysis/design, needs assessments and cost benefit analysis related to the impact on the business. Defines business needs, translating those needs into system requirements and clearly defining the scope of the solution.
• Identifies and communicates requirement/scope issues and takes lead in driving these to resolution for inclusion in the specifications or stories involving the right parties to resolve problems. Evaluates and participates in solution alternatives with application development teams while ensuring business solutions meet corporate standards. Negotiates technical and non-technical solutions that satisfy the business users and conforms to the technical architecture. Evaluates and makes recommendations to improve organizational effectiveness that may reduce cost.
• Gathers, consolidates and refines data to publish executive, operational, and management level reporting and analysis. Uses data mining techniques to interrogate diverse business systems to locate, relate and filter data to give valuable insight to efficiency and effectiveness of business practices.
• Performs monitoring, takes proactive approach to reduce incident count or severity, and prepares proposals for improvement of solutions to drive improvements.
• Takes active part in incident resolution, cooperates with various global teams to achieve optimal results.
• Acts as a lead and mentor to junior Transmission Analysts and provides support and coaching to ensure cross-training and knowledge transfer has occurred.
• 5+ years' experience as an IT analyst, with multiple application platforms and solutions knowledge
• 5+ years' experience supporting and engineering web based solutions
• 3+ years' experience in Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, Oracle support and administration
• 3+ years' experience in supporting Java applications in Linux environment
• 2+ years' experience in supporting key customers over phone and email
• Preferred: Linux/Java engineering experience
• Preferred: relevant certification
• Advanced skills in Bash, RHEL and JBOSS
• Experience in Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Visio a plus
• Excellent understanding and troubleshooting skills of network related subjects in the TCP/IP stack
• Solid understanding of encryption protocols and SSH, TLS, SSL as well as troubleshooting problems related to their implementations in Linux and Java
• Solid understanding of ITIL concepts, ITSM process and ability to work against SLAs in ticket based environment
• Exposure to regulated environments compliant to PCI and SOX requirements
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Able to act decisively and make sound and timely decisions in the face of uncertainty and with limited information
• Demonstrated ability to break down and analyze technical and/or functional problems
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to provide solutions to technical and non-technical problems
• Demonstrated ability to create solutions and ideas that add value; accepts ownership, takes the initiative and assumes responsibility for self and team
• Strong presentation skills; ability to appropriately tailor communications to the size and nature of the audience, including business and technical personnel
• Open to change; able and willing to take on and learn additional and different responsibilities
• Demonstrates strong facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Role specific (corporate transmissions) experience and technologies, preferred
• Seeburger experience a big plus but not necessary.
Apply by creating/using account