Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job description - Sr. Data Analyst
The Sr. Analyst is a key member of an enterprise practice driving a vision of data managed as an asset and data-driven decision-making – and is the a key project and roadmap leader responsible for operationalizing that vision. In essence, managing data as an asset means improving links between silo-ed databases and data stores, working with LOB teams to create fluid, data-integrated solutions; making information/data easier to find on-line, making it easier for analysts and policy makers to quickly access and transform data into knowledge and insights. It means lowering the cost of consuming and using data by driving consistency and data quality at point of capture, and developing standards in defining and transforming data And it means leading the way in the creation of advanced data surfacing and analytics tools, practices, and success stories.
The Sr. Analyst's role is part data strategist and adviser, part steward for improving data quality, part evangelist for data sharing, part technologist, and part developer of new data products that open non-linear business advances.
This role is primarily a role of influence, advocacy, and focused facilitation. The successful candidate will be comfortable helping dozens of groups across the enterprise Client that advancing their management and use of data is doable AND game-changing. This analyst will influence by doing, demonstrating, partnering, and enabling – both running projects hands on in some cases, and 'teaching teams to fish” in other cases.
• Provide pro-active advocacy and project-shaping support for enterprise adoption of modern data surfacing including real-time "state of the system” dashboards for all key business operations
• Drive and maintain detailed register and roadmap of Business Intelligence initiatives, running from both the innovation team and other teams
• Facilitate shaping of an enterprise-working-group that will define enterprise metadata, including the publication of standard terms, calculations, and kpis
• Serve as POC, primary facilitator of the enterprise wide "Community of Analysts” working group;
• Serve as POC to lead annual data services conference (in partnership with EDS and other teams)
• Establish sustained partnerships with academic or other advanced analytics resources, including summer intern program
• Drive collection and availability of enterprise competitive data, and third-party data sourcing and primary research
• Drive ARC internal and outward facing "Open Data” strategy including coordinating how we offer APIs and create public data products
• Provide business-driver advocacy and education to Enterprise Data Services (EDS) IT team, business teams, and project teams to drive continuous elevation of data asset creation and management
• Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent years' experience, PLUS
• 5-7 years experience increasing responsibility of complex business functions including influence-based leadership
• Strong problem solving and software development skills
• Demonstrated experience and accomplishments in the use BI tools to address real-life problems and drive decision-making
• Knowledge and experience in cross section of data assets and data sources, including of data warehouses, excel workbooks, and production business systems
• Exceptional applied statistics skills and data analysis skills
• Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
Apply by creating/using account