Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Role: Big Data Enterprise Architect
Location: Waltham/Boston, MA
Duration: Long Term
- BigData Architecture experience: 5+ year
- Have you completely Architected any BigData project?: Yes, recent project.
- BigData projects ( End to End ) – Recent Projects
- Years of experience in Spark: 5+ year
- Years of experience in Scala: 5+ Year
- Years of experience in Cloudera / Horton: 3 year in Hortonworks
- Relocation: Yes, he is ready to relocate.
The Data Architect's role is to plan, coordinate and supervise all activities related to the design, development and implementation of organizational information systems and data. The Data Architect will work with the business systems architects and application developers to streamline data governance, data cleansing, data normalization, and usage patterns. The Data Architect will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide the data team on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and business intelligence solutions, including, but not limited to, the Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Governance Process, Reporting, Dashboards, etc..
The Data Architect designs and implements robust and scalable solutions to establish and maintain data across all corporate environments. The Data Architect identifies user requirements by researching and analyzing business needs, preferences, goals and objectives and translating these into data structures and elements. The Data Architect develops and implements data solutions in support of the enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence environments that provide value-added services and enables data identification, cleansing and validation to meet industry best practices for management and security. The Data Architect documents data workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards and prepares data specifications, organization of data, and high-level information architecture documentation. The Data Architect collaborates with Business and Information Technology to develop the data design and solution, as well as, with the Enterprise Architect to align with the strategy and roadmap for the enterprise solutions.
• Lead and manage data management, data lakes, data governance projects through all phases of the project lifecycle from planning, blueprint planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and go live.
• Ensure that data development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
• Perform data evaluation, identification of potential problem areas and make the appropriate recommendations.
• Collaborate with business system architects, designers, and system owners in the testing of new/enhanced data solutions.
• Manage and provide direction for the data team in support of business operations.
• Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
• Identify and resolve data errors.
• Provide data leadership and knowledge to project managers and programmers working on solution development.
• Review and analyze existing data solutions' effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging data governance, definition and usage patterns.
• Design, develop and install enhancements and upgrades to data solutions.
• Research and make recommendations on data products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Ensure that any new data solution meets functional requirements, system compliance and interface specifications.
• Cultivate, disseminate and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices for data.
• Experience with Big Data, Master Data Management (MDM), Data Visualization, Data retention strategies, ETL, OLAP for both structured and unstructured data.
• Extensive experience in SQL Server / Oracle / Informatica
• Knowledge of medical claims, insurance, clinical data is desirable
• Extensive experience in data modeling, both logical and physical
• Extensive experience providing practical direction on information and analytics platforms in conjunction with EDW tools and technologies
• Solid experience with Data Lakes, Data Warehouse and BI systems; extensive experience for collecting business requirements from customers, and transform the requirements into DB data processes and data schema
Apply by creating/using account