Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
SAP Financial Systems Configurator will work as the Discovery functional consultant responsible for the financial systems configuration / development and end user support. The position will assist in the gathering and documentation of business requirements, perform system configuration and testing for the core SAP financial modules with a focus on the FI - Cash, Accounts Payable, Banking and Taxes – that includes a working experience related to financial integration with SAP modules especially SRM/Purchasing. As Discovery has implemented SAP Financial in over 25 countries, this position requires international experience with hands-on system configuration and strong understanding of international finance and accounting principles. The person needs to demonstrate: (1) the ability to manage multiple SAP projects and enhancements, (2) good communication skills to interact with the project team & business user community, (3) ability to identify and document business processes and requirements (4) implement global template solutions and manage day-to-day the production support.
• Work with project team on all phases of the project which includes: (1) Development of overall project plan, (2) Blueprints (requirement analysis and process design), (3) Realization (configuration, QA testing and production support hand-over), (4) Go-live (data conversion, production system build and final QA testing), (5) Training plan development and coordination and (6) Post Go-Live Support
• Provide ongoing production support and system enhancements to SAP users worldwide for all financial accounting and purchasing operations including Accounts Payable (OpenText VIM or similar Imaging software experience is a plus), Accounts Receivable, Bank Accounting, Taxes, General Ledger (multi-currency) and Purchasing-FI integration.
• Manage end user calls and trouble tickets for how-to's, issue resolution and change management requests (enhancements) for the global business community. This includes the coordination of development and deployment of new processes and system configuration to meet business needs
• Setup and maintain configuration for base financial structures related to SAP company codes and other financial master data
• Resolve simple and complex application and system problems (includes configuration) related to break fixes and enhancements.
• Outline potential solutions and business impacts to address change requests; prototype and demonstrate new functionality
• SAP OSS research for application bugs
• Enforce corporate standards and best practices in use of applications
• Escalation management of support issues and customer monitoring
• Perform global regression testing for system upgrades and changes
• Assist in unit and integration testing for change requests, enhancements and new development
• Develop training materials and assist with business community training
• Ability to provide guidance and validate the work performed by other business analysts on the team
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree, MIS or Business major preferred
• Minimum eight years' hands-on configuration and functional experience in SAP Financial Accounting (FI/CO) with working knowledge of the Purchase-To-Pay process.
• At least three structured full life cycle developments (ASAP Methodology).
• Experience with SAP Accounts Payable, Logistics Invoice Verification, Taxes, and Banking is a MUST
• Experience with SAP General Ledger and Financial Reporting is preferred
• Business experience working in an International Finance environment is a MUST.
• Ability to design solutions that incorporate best business practices with user's requirements.
• Ability to adhere to schedules and project time lines and communication of issues/problems that may impact the ability to meet objectives.
• Ability to work in a team environment and across departments and/or functional modules
• Ability to work with business users as well as technical support personnel and communicate effectively with both.
• Must possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to effectively interpret needs and requirements on technical level as well as the "Procure to Pay” business process level.
• Knowledge of US and International financial / accounting principles, multiple currency transactions and financial reporting related to local statutory requirements
• Limited project travel required
Apply by creating/using account