Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Location: Washington, DC
Position: Fulltime Permanent
No visa sponsorship and transfer will be done
Qualifications & Technical Skills:
• 8 years of experience with SAN infrastructure management & enterprise storage platforms.
• Solid hands-on experience with EMC Storage technologies including VNX 5100,5600,5700,EMC Celera, EMC Powerpath, Fabric Manager, Recover Point, VNX-Monitoring and Reporting
• Ability to work across teams and disciplines to see complex problems from initiation to resolution;
Expert troubleshooter with a highly developed ability to resolve difficult problems with salable and maintainable solutions;
Extensive knowledge of existing industry standards, technologies and operational norms across both storage and systems technologies, in depth knowledge of networking technologies a plus;
Detail oriented with thorough systems documentation and reporting skills;
• Out-of-the-box thinker with the ability to resolve complex problems;
Extensive scripting experience not required, but strongly desired.
• Experience in working with Brocade Switch DCX-8510, M5424
• Experience in working with Client Left-hand systems Client P4530, Client 4500G2,VSAs,FOM
• Experience in working with Storage Capacity Planning and forecasting.
• Coordinating with the teams for quarterly Disaster Recovery Tests.
• Experience in Managing EMC Recover point replication and Integration with VMware SRM.
• Experience in Mirror view and SanCopy replications and automating using Replication Manager.
• Experience Managing CIFS/NFS shares, Replicating on VNX File.
• Experience Brocade DCX switch firmware upgrades, setup notifications and configuring alerting.
• Must have performed Allocation/Expansion of iSCSI & SAN LUNs to new hosts
• Experience in Zoning of Fiber Channel Hosts
• Experience in Working with storage vendors like EMC,Client & Dell for troubleshoot, disk replacement etc
• Experience Management Group Configuration & Administration
• Experience in MirrorView Configuration & Administration
• Experience in Cluster Switch Configuration & Administration
• Experience in Local & Remote Snapshot Creation
• Experience in NAS Configuration & Administration
• Experience in EMC Unisphere File Systems
• Experience in Client SAN Firmware Upgrades
• Experience in Fibre Channel Switch Firmware Upgrades
• Experience in EMC SAN FLARE Operating System upgrades
• Experience in EMC NAS DART Operating System Upgrades
• Experience in Backup Configuration management for SAN storage & switches
• Experience in EMC Replication manager
• Experience in Managing EMC Connectrix Server
• Experience in Managing Client Lefthand Centralized Management Console
• Experience in Managing Recoverpoint version 4.02
• Experience in Managing Replication manager version 5.5.2
• Experience in managing Dell Equallogic storage
The Storage Engineer is responsible for the Enterprise Storage Infrastructure and serves as a lone Subject Matter Expert in multiple areas of data storage and protection. This responsibility includes ensuring the data storage and protection systems run at optimal levels, and are leveraged to service business needs as effectively as possible, from the most basic storage platform to the most advanced data replication and presentation strategies.
Work alone with customer SME & infrastructure groups to improve the storage and data protection systems and processes wherever possible;
Lead the design and implementation of best-in-the industry, innovative technologies that will expand customer infrastructure through robust, scalable, solutions;
Work alone with administrators across different infrastructure groups managing multiple datacenters(One in Ashburn & one in DC)
Lead and take responsibility for production storage system development from requirements to release, including detailed design, analysis, testing and optimization;
Lead efforts to leverage metrics in the management of storage arrays and complex computing systems to drive automation, improvement and performance;
Develops and leverages robust management and reporting tools to provide insight into storage trends, performance and data protection across all platforms and data centers.
Apply by creating/using an account