Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Firewall Program Manager
Must be willing to relocate to SC
GC or USC Only
This position would Lead the administration of our Palo Alto Networks Next Generation firewall program and own the responsibility of roadmap, design, architecture, and implementation. The solution would consist of multiple firewall objects, working in concert, in the various business units as deemed necessary to achieve industry best practice and adherence with applicable regulations. This position would mentor junior firewall engineers and be responsible for the overall health and establishment of the firewall security program at SRHS. The person would articulate the goals and objectives of the program and how it will impact the business. Their role is to map out and define the list of dependent projects that need to be completed to reach the overall goal. When it comes to the program, they focus on strategy, design and implementation, and how to delegate the projects appropriately.
- BS degree – Experience may substitute for education
- 15 years; minimum of 5 years in Healthcare environment;
- understanding of PMI Methodology.
- Works independently, without supervision
- PREFERRED: In addition to above: CISSP and or CCNA-Security
PCNSE- can get cert with in 6 months of hire date for FT opportunity.
- Core understanding of industry regulations as it applies to encryption, encapsulation, and segregation for protected data.
- Mentor Junior staff of the Firewall Program
- Perform Skills Gap analysis on team with respect to security foundations and firewall best practices
- Create training suggestions for team to limit the skills gap
- Lead, design, and implement the firewall engineer program which consists of Communication, Technology, Training, Labs, Process/Workflow to enable a high level of security, visibility, and reliability to downstream organizational units.
- Acts as liaison between business units and Network Infrastructure
- Facilitates presentations and discussions with upper leadership
- Helps to improve and instill the discipline and process to drive consistency, predictability, and efficiency for the Firewall Program Framework
- Ensure all program artifacts (Process/Procedures, Design Docs, Test Plans, Training Roadmap, etc.) are completed and approved in a timely fashion, and are saved in the program's central repository.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of firewall related projects.
Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Ability to lead and represent engineering architectural discussions
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents.
- Leadership role on the security Incident Response Team for breach investigation
- Provides reporting and monitoring as directed for various threat vectors in the network
Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Ability to conduct proof of concepts
- Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
Expert understanding and application of IP networks and Application layer security
- Manage the overall communications, upward and downward through the organizations, escalating key issues and present options for resolution to the global and cross functional teams.
- Designs and implements solutions to improve existing processes and tools
- Promotes best practices and trains others on existing and new processes and tools across teams and department
Apply by creating/using account