Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job title : EMC Storage Admin
Location : Raleigh, NC
Duration : Long term
· In-depth understanding about SAN, fabrics and Host to SAN connectivity
· Must be experienced in troubleshooting of complex multi-vendor and geographically separated storage environments.
· Technical product experience in the following:
· Brocade, Cisco, CISCO UCS and McData Fabric switches
· Sun/Oracle and EMC storage
· Must have Expert knowledge of basic RAID, storage tiering, storage architecture concepts, storage virtualization, local and datacenter replication practices, and storage best practices
· Must have experience in architecting, administrating, and troubleshooting Brocade Fabrics: zoning, aliasing, QoS, FC routing, and virtual fabrics. (FC to Ethernet bridging experience a plus)
· Must have experience in architecting, administration, configuration, and performance troubleshooting of EMC storage solutions primarily, additional storage vendor experience is a plus
· Ability to participate in execution of firmware upgrade
· Experience with planning and implementing storage migrations for datacenter moves
· Understanding of the fiber channel protocols and storage networking, experience with long distance SAN networking a plus..
· Expert understanding of how server behaviors and IO load patterns affect storage (LUN queuing, multipathing, application IO size, etc. ).
· High level of knowledge regarding setup, configuration, and administration with Symmetrix VMAX, VNX, EMC Atmos and Isilon.
· Basic Unix , Windows and VMWare administration understanding and skills, (VI, file manipulation, regedit, AD, UNIX and Windows based file permissions).
· Good understanding of networking required: DNS, net masks, IP routing, NIS, AD
· Experience with storage design and configuration in VMware, Xen, Oracle, SAS, ETL, SQL, and Oracle RAC environments
· Must be thoroughly proficient in the following protocols/technologies: FC, SCSI, ISCSI, NFS, CIFS, SAS, FCoE and FCIP, fiber channel trunking.
· Ability to create, modify & delete storage luns or volumes, and perform lun security.
· Ability to create, modify and delete zones and perform SAN switch configuration.
· Good Knowledge on Shell or Perl Scripting for monitoring or automating storage tasks.
· Experience in working with storage vendors to resolve complex technical problems.
· Experience in performing Root cause analysis on Storage and Fabric Arrays.
· Experienced in using Storage Management Tools., ECC and UIM.
· Understanding of local or remote replication with more technologies - BCV, SRDF, snap mirror, Mirror View & Snap View, EMC recover point.
· Experience in planning and execution of firmware upgrades of storage devices
· EMC Storage Administrator track Level - Specialist or Expert
· Specialty – VNX or Symmetrix Solutions
· Follow ITIL processes - Incident management, Problem management, Change management, Performance management, Capacity management, Configuration & availability management activities.
· "Participate in Change & release management, Plan & Implement routine, normal & complex changes, Participate in CAB, Raise change requests where required "
Apply by creating/using account