Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Systems Administrator will assist with monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining Windows Web and Application Servers. The duties of this position can be broad and may include such tasks as installing new workstations and other devices, adding and removing individuals from the list of authorized users, archiving files, overseeing password protection and other security measures, monitoring usage of shared resources, and handling malfunctioning equipment. Selects, develops, integrates and implements network management applications for Internet components. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for working on projects, systems, and/or issues of medium to high complexity, and will be expected to provide daily operations support, maintenance and administration for Windows Servers.
The selected candidate will primarily be tasked with performing windows server and application software support activities for Application Services including, but not limited to the following:
1. Support and expand infrastructure
2. Coordinate server configuration and administration with multiple parties
3. Troubleshoot end user issues
4. Make recommendations for future server and software upgrades
5. Maintaining, repairing and upgrading network and computer systems
6. Monitor systems and applications to ensure security, availability and performance.
7. Establishes systems specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements.
8. Establishes systems by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
9. Maintains network and systems performance by performing systems monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting systems and application problems; escalating problems to vendor.
10. Secures systems by developing systems access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
11. Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
12. Upgrades systems by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
13. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
14. Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
15. Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
16. Supports other IT staff, including developers
Bachelor's Degree or technical institute degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
Must have experience with: Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016.
Network communications, including TCP/IP and DNS Samba/CIFS file sharing and NTFS permissions
Citrix and the Information Builders, Inc – WebFOCUS/iWay reporting environment is a plus
3 to 5 years of IT work experience in infrastructure/network environments in systems operations, support, maintenance and administration
Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding
Development process knowledge or experience a plus
Microsoft Azure experience a plus
Apply by creating/using account