Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Description: Business Unit: CIS
***MANDATORY: Please include in the resume the candidate’s complete contact information (Phone number, Email address and Skype ID) as well as a set of 5 interview time slots over a 72 hour period after submitting the profile when the hiring managers could potentially reach to them. Profiles without the required details and time slots will be rejected.***
Job Title: Technology Analyst | Database Administration | MS SQL Server
Work Location & Reporting Address: Chicago IL 60605
Rate : $65/hr
Contract duration (in months) 6
Target Start Date* 19 Mar 2018
Job Details: SQL Server DBA
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server Environment, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams. The data warehouse supports an enterprise application suite of program management tools. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
Must Have Skills
1. SQL Database administration
2. SQL Migration Expert
3. SQL Infrastructure support
Nice to have skills (Top 2 only)
1. Leadership skill from project front
2. Handle calls on any issues
Detailed Job Description:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
• In-depth understanding and experience with SQL Server Database Administration and SSDTS
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with MS SQL Server Standard and Enterprise 2008 and SQL 2012; SQL 2014 and SQL 2016 experience a plus
• Proven experience deploying production quality MS SQL database, stored procedures and SSIS packages
• Experience supporting a 24/7 environment
• Experience with backup strategies, clustering, high-availability (AlwaysOn Availability Groups), replication and DR solutions for SQL a must have
• Previous SQL 2008 and 2012 database design, administration and development experience required
• Strong T-SQL background for development of views, stored procedures and UDFs
Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
Ensure that developers are applying Fay Servicing standards in all deliverables
Assist in the ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing and other ETL-related activities
Conducts regular capacity planning; prepares for database expansion by studying business plans and requirements
Minimizes environment downtime; proactively monitors systems and jobs and creates action plans as need to remedy issues and improve performance
Keeps environment hardware and software current with patches
Ensures the security of Fay data
Continuously expands knowledge and applies learning for the company’s benefit
Collaborates with development teams to ensure project data dependencies are met
Minimum years of experience*:
Certifications Needed: No
Top 3 responsibilities you would expect the Subcon to shoulder and execute*:
1. First POC for any SQL DB queries and issues
2. Handle migration of older version to current
3. Host all calls representing infosys
Mode of Interview - F2F(in person) or Video (WebEx/Skype): Skype would be fine .
Drug test details: No
Apply by creating/using account