To learn more about any of our current opportunities or to be considered,.
please contact one of our Recruiters by phone or email
Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Systems Engineer GeoSigns is end-to-end responsible for the operations of the landscapes and the delivery of the day-to-day application services according to the agreed Service Levels and/or Operate Level Agreements. They are the day-to-day service integrator (end-to-end) to ensure applications landscapes remain compliant. The Systems Engineer drives Incident/Problem resolution by assisting in key operational activities in terms of delivery, fixes, and supportability with operations staff and/suppliers. They ensure regulatory and compliance controls are embedded in landscape operations and assist with evidence collection. The Systems Engineer assists with supportability and transition activities of enhancements and project solutions. This includes analyzing and understanding business functional and non-functional requirements for supportability impact, as well as assessing implications of landscape changes and reviewing for enhancement and continuous improvement opportunities. They also build knowledge of relevant information risks and regulatory requirements.
Technical Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of three years of work experience in similar role
• Very good IT Infrastructure skills covering Windows Server (and Linux) administration, Oracle on Linux and/or SQL Server on Windows.
• Experience with middleware administration and configuration (Web applications on IIS, Tomcat, Active Directory, Kerberos KDC, DNS)
• Exposure to Python scripting (optional PowerShell)
• Customer focused and pro-active attitude; enjoy customer facing, taking end-to-end responsibility
• Be able to work with various specialized multinational support teams to bring complex requests or problems to timely resolution
• Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written
• In-depth analytical and troubleshooting skills on a variety of platforms
• Be flexible, and willing to work outside of normal office hours in order to ensure that service and high customer satisfaction is maintained
• Experience with GIS applications: ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE
• Experience participating in a virtual team of people delivering global services/projects.
• Experience in multinational/multicultural enterprise
• Exposure to the oil and gas industry. In particular exploration and production, preferably in the Subsurface arena.
• The Shell GeoSigns portfolio is highly technical and comprises of nDI (Seismic Interpretation), BPA (Basin Modelling) and GeoX (HC Volumetric/reporting). Each service has a global user base with differing levels of Landscape complexities covering Oracle, Virtual Work Stations, Linux, Windows and Storage. Managing services under these conditions require specialized tools, skills and knowledge.
• Shell GeoSigns customers, development teams and stakeholders are widely distributed around the globe. This requires excellent communications skills.
• The GeoSigns team is relatively small with accountability for a highly visible application set. In addition, these applications are driven by highly competitive and progressive application teams. We need to ensure the users and development teams requirements are met without introducing risks to production environments.
• Understanding the IT infrastructure, Shell IT and Business Support Models including partnerships.
Apply by creating/using an account
Thank you for visiting our jobs site! Bookmark our page. New positions are posted regularly throughout the week.