To learn more about any of our current opportunities or to be considered,.
please contact one of our Recruiters by phone or email
Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
• Works with operations, sales, and set-up departments to resolve escalated and complex customer service issues.
• Monitor and maintain shipment status via computer system.
• Respond to customer complaints in a timely manner. Investigate and solve issues with shipments for both vendors and customers.
• Initiate calls to customers to set up deliveries, advise shipment delays and/or information necessary to set up deliveries. Intiate traces with carriers and railroads for proof of deliveries when needed.
• Develop interactive relationships with vendors, customers and outside ocean freight carriers.
• Responsible for all necessary export documentation for all shipments to overseas mills.
• Gather and process the cost information to minimize the overall impact to the company and customer, with approval by account manager.
• Work with other supervisors/managers to coordinate services and keep them informed as issues arise.
• Project a knowledgeable, enthusiastic, positive attitude that encourages customer and employee confidence and reflects the professional image desired by WMRA.
• Attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity and efficiency.
• Provide timely feedback to direct supervisor regarding service failures, customer complaints or any other matters regarding his/her attention.
• Provide timely and accurate information to incoming customer order status and product knowledge requests.
• Works to meet or exceed service goals for the department, including productivity, quality, and timeliness goals.
• Collaborate with sales respresentatives to meet and exceed customers’ service expectations, and develop solutions to ensure smooth material movement.
• Perform other special projects and tasks as assigned
• May provide direction or support to less experienced Customer Service Representatives.
• Works to understand customer and supplier needs, issues, and requests
• Solves difficult problems on the customer’s behalf by engaging the right department and people within WMRA
• Completes and maintains required documentation on daily deadlines
Besides the above I am also looking for:
• Analytical and logistics skills
• Export Industry knowledge
• Customer Service skills required.
• Basic Microsoft Office required
What I usually tend to stay away from are Admin Assistants because these positions are more of a Customer Logistics or Inside Sales positions than anything else. Call Center experience, I will consider but with past experience on my end they usually don’t work out because we are not a one-call-and-done department.
Apply by creating/using account
Thank you for visiting our jobs site! Bookmark our page. New positions are posted regularly throughout the week.