Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Location Jackson Graham Building Washington DC
Duration One Year
Receive customer IT service requests via telephone, chat, fax, e-mail, or walk-in Troubleshoot and triage service requests over the phone and/or via remote access Resolve service tickets or escalate to other support entities as needed and within Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Perform incident management to ensure trouble tickets are addressed in a timely fashion according to designated service level agreements
Identify trouble ticket trends, escalate identified problems to supervisory personnel, and perform problem management to ensure problems are addressed in a timely fashion Serve as the primary support interface
between WMATA IT departments and all WMATA end- users Forward undocumented service-related issues and proposed resolution to team lead for inclusion in the knowledgebase Document calls in the Ticket
Management System to ensure proper tracking and resolution.
Provide 24/7 coverage for all Tier I customer related issues
Open a service ticket for every customer interaction disregarding the mode of communication (email, phone, fax, or walk-in) Responsible for providing the day to day operations of the User Support Call Center. Ensure that the Tier 1 Call Center (PC Phone Support) client support expectations are met through first call problem resolution efforts.
Documents calls in the Call-Tracking system to ensure proper tracking and resolution Ensure that day-to-day User Support Call Center expectations are met.
Interfaces with customers and Authority IT Support Staff employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the department.
Interface with WMATA personnel to report, coordinate and possibly resolve any desktop related issues.
Ensure that management decisions made to improve the overall customer support of the IT/Client User Support Call Center are continually carried through.
Attend, when necessary, meetings with WMATA IT/Client and project management staff.
Provide positive support by projecting a positive attitude by maintaining courtesy and professionalism with customers, co-workers and management.
· Minimum 1 to 5 years' experience in a high profile and fast-paced Help Desk/Desktop Support environment required.
· Demonstrate expertise in Microsoft operating systems.
· Demonstrate working experience with Microsoft Suites and Applications to include Office Professional, Project and Visio Microsoft and related certifications are required (MCSE, MCSA, MCDST, A+, HDI)
· Minimum of one (1) certification: Microsoft Exchange, ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), CompTIA A+ , HDI Certifications: HDM, HDA, CSS; MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)
· An aptitude for providing positive customer service.
· Experience within a Desktop Helpdesk environment.
· Good communication, problem solving and technical writing skills.
· An in-depth knowledge of relevant operating systems, applications, printers and other hardware required.
· Flexible working hours to accommodate a 24/7 shift, including rotating weekends and holidays Displays courtesy and sensitivity
· Manages difficult or emotional customer situations Meets all commitments Responds promptly to customer needs Solicits customer feedback to improve service Use internal knowledgebase on every interaction Provide knowledgebase content on a weekly basis
Apply by creating/using an account