Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Duration : One Year
Location Street Address: 2733 Crystal Dr. City: Arlington, VA
Statement of Work:
This position is for a Senior Microsoft Windows Engineer to provide support for IBM's contract with USAID. Location is Arlington, VA.
This position is for a Senior Microsoft Windows Engineer with migration experience to support a Windows Active Directory migration from 2008 to 2012 on a federal services contract. The candidate will be a part of the Server Operations team, working closely with the Network Operations, Engineering, Application, Desktop and Service Desk teams. The candidate will be responsible for producing the SOPs which will be used for the production deployment.
• Troubleshooting of complex and difficult environment problems
• Applying requests for service, complex environment, system configuration changes
• Applying problem management and defect prevention practices
• Configuration, installation and upgrade tasks within the distributed systems environment
• Resources planning, operations and cooperation on application of projects for continual environment and procedures improvement
• Dealing with vendors regarding problems solving or with internal expertise groups
• Normal prime shift support; some rotational shift (time-zones differences); 24/7 on call service
Work will be performed out of the client's facilities in Arlington, VA and Washington DC. The candidate must be able to gather requirements and help architect, plan and implement system solutions for a Windows platform to meet customer requirements. Experience with web servers, databases, networks, cabling, new installations and migrations, and security scanning tools is required.
Off-shift coverage will be required for support of systems and/or scheduled maintenance and system upgrades. The ability to write shell scripts and utility programs for Windows system maintenance is also a plus. Experience with Riverbed SteelFusion is desired.
Candidate must have experience in development of implementation guides based on NIST 800-53 moderate and high impact baselines and also must have Federal customer experience. To be successful in this position, the candidate must display excellent teamwork skills, written and oral communication skills, and formal documentation skills.
Required skills/Level of Experience:
• 7+ years of experience in Windows servers (2003/2008/2012), and workstation (7/8/8.1/10).
• Strong skills with DNS
• Microsoft certification (list your MCP ID#): MCSA minimum, MCSE preferred
• Managing a large server base (1000s) across many dispersed networks
• Strong leadership/communication (verbal/writing) abilities
• 1+ years of experience with VMware
• 1+ years of experience in Network topologies
• Experiences in HW design and troubleshooting (IBM, Client, Dell)
• Strong scripting skills (PowerShell, VBscript, ASP, etc.)
• ITIL knowledge minimum; ITIL certification preferred
Nice to have skills:
• 1+ years of experience in messaging/collaboration (Google Apps, Exchange)
• 1+ years of experience in interoperability (Windows to Linux)
• 1+ years of experience with Riverbed SteelFusion devices
Apply by creating/using account