Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client : IBM
Duration : One Year
Clearance : Secret
Location Street Address: 2733 Crystal Dr. City: Arlington, VA
• Build, maintain, and support a base image for workstations including OS, drivers and software packages utilized by all business partners.
• Escalation point for Managed Workstation issues and/or end user tickets.
• Monitor and utilize the service desk ticketing system to resolve client issues in a timely manner.
• Identify trends in reoccurring tickets and focus on resolving globally. Target automated or scripted fixes instead of manual one-offs.
• Create and maintain processes and documents pertaining to the managed workstation environment.
• Lead packages through the Software Introduction Process, ensure standard processes are followed and documented, and troubleshoot issues with the packaging process.
• Assist Managed Workstation Engineers as time allows for improvements to the workstation base image.
• Recommend and provide tools to support the managed environment for tier two support personnel and software repackaging/sequencing.
• Strong understanding and ability to use the following SCCM
• Responsible for timely resolution of assigned incident and change tickets within established Service Level Agreements (SLA)
• Current desktop images include XP, Win7 and MAC OS
• The use of ServiceNow for all Incident/Problem/Change records
• Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met
• Printer Expertise
o Diagnose, install, maintain and repair network and desktop printers, fax machines, scanners and digital senders as necessary.
o Create print shares on the Print servers
o Backup Desktop team as necessary.
o Assist Server OP's in building Print Servers.
o Troubleshoot network and desk printing issues pertaining to hardware, software or network related issues
o Assist MFD team with Adding MFD's to the network
o Provide end users with best options for printing and refer them to Client Services when necessary.
o Maintain Printer vulnerabilities at the direction of Security OP's for printers and scanners
o Maintain reports for network printers and scanners.
o Assist setup for Special Projects involving printers.
o Configure and update print and scanner drivers and firmware
o Keep IMAC Sheets updated when adding and removing devices
o Travel to 6 USAID Washington sites as necessary
o Use Service Now call reporting tool to work service tickets
o Establish printing standards
o Provide training for new and existing setups
Required skills/Level of Experience:
• 3+ years of experience in a Managed Workstation Engineer or similar role. Strong technical understanding of hardware, drivers, Microsoft OS, software products and the software repackaging/sequencing process.
• Must be MCSE or MCSA certified
• AD experience troubleshooting workstation/user policies
• Strong Group Policy experience
• May interact with the gov't customer and senior government leadership leaders at the highest levels, prefer those who have experience and skills in this area.
Apply by creating/using account