Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
A. Project background:
B. Contractor's responsibilities:
• Design and build a consistent, reliable, secure, and easy-to-manage AWS architecture for multiple DMS Craft Sites.
• Design and build a HIPPA compliant Python AWS environment that can serve pages and run batch scripts.
• Work in conjunction with and train DMS staff so they have all needed knowledge to maintain the architecture after the project is complete.
• Consideration must be given to AWS' fees. While reliability and security are the primary concern, the expense must also be evaluated
• All work is subject to the approval of DMS' IT staff, and ultimately the DMS CIO
• Review current DMS architecture
• Review DMS proposal for a new architecture (possibilities include Docker Containers, AWS' Fargate, RDS Multi-AZ deployments, and an S3 instance to store configurations)
• Review DMS' use of Route53 and Infoblocks
• Suggest other options and other AWS tools
• Design the new architecture for Craft Sites
• Design the new architecture for a HIPAA compliant Python/Django environment (Dev and Prod)
• Create new AWS account(s)
• Build the architecture for DMS Intranet Dev environment (which currently doesn't exist)
o Develop scripts to automatically deploy all components, allowing better consistency and disaster recovery
• Develop a migration plan than minimizes down-time
• Develop Documentation of architecture and maintenance procedures/requirements
• Migrate the DMS Intranet Prod environment
• Migrate the other sites
• New AWS architecture design for Craft CMS sites
• Design for Python/Django environment
• New AWS account(s)
• Implemented AWS architectures
• Scripts to automatically deploy all components
• Migration plan
• Documentation of the architecture and maintenance procedures
Acceptance of Work
• The project will be considered complete when:
o The new architecture is built
o All Craft sites are migrated
o A working Python/Django environment is available.
o All plans should be reviewed by an AWS solution architect
o All work must be reviewed and approved by UT Austin's Information Security Office (ISO) to ensure that no vulnerabilities have been introduced
C. Work hours and location:
• The contractor will be working in conjunction with AWS staff and will have to be available for meetings during normal business hours
• Migrations will NOT be done during normal business hours
• The contractor is responsible for their own IT needs, supplies, travel, and other expenses
II. Contractor Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
• Responsible for installing networking technologies and supporting networks.
• Assesses existing network configurations and makes recommendations based on product specifications.
• Configures equipment and software to meet business needs, trains others on the solution, and documents the solution for ongoing support.
• Functions as part of a team on larger projects, or individually provides the services on support visits or smaller projects.
• Provides technical support and assists with the design of network solutions.
• Requires experience in the technical services and support field as well as experience in network administration (DHCP, DNS, routers, firewall, etc.).
• Deep knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), especially EC2, RDS, S3, Route 53, Fargate and other tools.
• Experience with AWS command line and scripting AWS commands
• Experience with Docker
Apply by creating/using an account