Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
This Project Management Senior position is an opportunity to join our IT Emerging Technologies Data Solutions team. The fast paced team interacts with all areas of Freddie Mac's business and provides excellent experience and knowledge across the IT and data spectrum. This team is responsible for ensuring that Freddie Mac's enterprise data applications are adequately supported and meet architectural standards. The Project Manager Senior (PM) will be responsible for establishing and leading enterprise-wide, cross-functional strategic and IT Sustainability initiatives. The PM will lead a variety of projects including launching new services, large-scale infrastructure programs, systems integration, process re-engineering, and deployments. The projects will range in complexity and the PM will be responsible for the planning and execution from start (developing the business case) to finish (project close-out). The PM will manage scope, schedule, budget, quality, risks and issues, impact on systems, and dependencies to other IT Business Units within the company. Strong quantitative, analytic and project management skills are required.
• Single accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering a given initiative.
• Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business (i.e. financial) benefit.
• Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrixed partners.
• Accountable for one or more initiatives including business, operational, and IT deliverables.
• Directly manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrixed IT partners to oversee all SDLC phases or iterations of an Agile project.
• Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters.
• Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures.
• Develops communication plans and effectively communicates in both verbal (e.g. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (status reports, change requests) form.
• Serves as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives.
• Ensure that sound practices are taking place. Replace old processes with newer ones where feasible, and provides feedback for efficiency.
• Represents the project in various project governance and inter-department forums.
• Develops the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artifacts.
• Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
• Accurately assesses, manages, and reports risks and issues.
• Publishes periodic project status reports.
• Proposes recommendations and adjustments.
• Perform additional job-related duties as requested.
• Typically has a minimum 5 - 7 years related experience.
• Bachelor Degree from an accredited university with coursework in Business, Information Technology, or Engineering.
• Project Management Professional (PMP).
• Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with tact; execute with limited information and ambiguity.
• Experience managing Data Mart and Business Intelligence software development projects
• Thrives in an environment with changing priorities and ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively.
• Solid influencing skills, with sound business and technical acumen.
• Experience with stakeholder management.
• Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally.Strong presentation skills.
• Expert level in creating and managing to detailed MS Project schedules.
• Ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives.
• Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects.
• Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
• Exemplary core project management skills including multiple aspects of the PMBOK.
• Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management and SDLC methodologies and tools.
• Able to navigate through a large corporate environment and ensure appropriate processes are met.
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
• Masters Degree or MBA from an accredited university with coursework in Business, Information Technology, or Engineering
• Experience with Data Virtualization projects.
• Training or experience using Planview
Apply by creating/using an account