Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job ID: 637188
Title: Warehouse Worker I
Locations: 985 Trade Drive North Las Vegas NV 89030
Duration: 3+ Month
Pay rate:$11.42/hr. on W2.
Potential for extension?: Yes
Work Schedule: M-F 6am-2:30pm
SUPCHN: Plans, implements and controls the efficient, effective flow and storage of goods, services, and related information from the point of origin to the point of consumption in order to meet internal customers' requirements. Responsible for the purchase of telecommunications equipment, parts, and related goods and services to meet the needs of the Company nationwide. Manages the corporate Logistics, Warehouse, and Bar Coding processes. Develops and implements Inventory Control systems, policies and procedures in a Shared Services environment. Maintains primary oversight of corporate contract negotiations for purchase agreements and service level agreements.
· Receive materials from vendors, stock shelves and complete paperwork.
· May unload and stock incoming materials.
· Enter inventory into computer database
· Pull inventory to fulfill field and office requisitions
· Operate bar code readers to tag all equipment received.
· Pack customer orders according to specifications.
· Use computer programs designed to support the receiving and shipping functions of the warehouse.
· Assist in performing periodic warehouse inventories, researches discrepancies and takes corrective action.
· Perform tagging, packing and shipping activities according to schedule.
· May clean and make routine repairs to converters and remotes.
· Diagnose module malfunctions; uses test equipment such as sweep analyzer to examine module response curves.
· Repairs or replaces circuit boards used in converters and/or in distribution plant.
· Orders and maintains repair tools and supplies.
· May install or perform maintenance of 2-way radios.
· Valid local driver's license with good DMV record.
Typical Training / Experience - HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience; 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility
Dept/Org Scope & Impact - Entry level support role requiring basic skills; can perform some of the basic tasks within the function; some impact at the job or department level
Problem Complexity - Performs simple, routine work; Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction; Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Any deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor/manager
Autonomy - Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment; Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor/manager
Knowledge - Assignments require minimal knowledge beyond the assigned work; Demonstrates correct understanding of routine aspects of work
Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with more than 6 million total residential and commercial customers. The third-largest cable television company in the U.S., Cox offers an array of advanced digital video, high-speed Internet and telephony services over its own nationwide IP network, as well as integrated wireless services in partnership with Sprint (NYSE: S). Cox Business Services is a full-service, facilities-based provider of communications solutions for commercial customers, providing high-speed Internet, voice and long distance services, as well as data and video transport services for small to large-sized businesses. Cox Media offers national and local cable advertising in traditional spot and new media formats, along with promotional opportunities and production services. More information about the services of Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com, www.coxbusiness.com, and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox Communications, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
Apply by creating/using an account