Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Experience: 9-10 years of relevant experience
The role is to be part of a team that provides a 24x7 first point of contact for infrastructure related requests and incidents within the firm. Its members monitor the firm's security perimeter, core, and end point infrastructure. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated junior person to enter the field of IT Security get in touch with bleeding-edge security technologies and join a global IT Infrastructure Security department. The position is fast paced, dynamic, and challenging. The candidate must be flexible to work during assigned shifts including weekends.
1. Provide hotline escalation support through the IT Security Hotline - a customer facing phone line for infrastructure security issues and requests.
2. Interpreting customer requests for all IT Security products that our team supports. Our products are spread into 5 domains:
• Perimeter Security (VPN, Firewalls, Proxy, anti-spam, Data leakage).
• Core Security (Kerberos, Radius, RSA, Encryption).
• End Point Security (Anti-virus, Device lockdown, End Point Encryption).
• Identity Management (LDAP, AD, Sun Identity Management, OpenIDM).
• Web Authentication (SSO, SiteMinder, PingFederate).
3. Day-to-day monitoring of IT Security's Infrastructure technologies.
4. Troubleshooting of possible network connectivity or infrastructure related problems.
5. Outage Management: investigation, communication, triage and escalation.
6. Production changes & turnovers across the firm's infrastructure.
7. Supplement existing, or update documentation as the environment is modified.
8. Creation/supplementation of Operational Run-books.
9. The position requires customer support experience and interacting with service members of the networking, e-business, UNIX, and PC groups in major metropolitan regions across the globe.
• Experience with any of the following firewalls: Cisco Pix, Juniper Netscreen, Fortigate, IPFilter or iptables.
• Good understanding of UNIX operating systems.
• Knowledge of networking (e.g. OSI layers + functions + devices).
• In depth understanding of IP protocols including IP, TCP, UDP, FTP, DNS, ARP.
• Understanding of cryptographic protocols.
• Had exposure to and performed troubleshoot on common Internet services such as : Email, DNS, HTTP.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent customer facing skills.
• Active interest in IT Security & authentication protocols.
• Ability to deliver detailed and timely communications to internal and external parties during an outage.
• Knowledge of Information Security.
• Knowledge of UNIX, Kerberos, SOCKS, VPN, BIND.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing documentation, making presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with upper management, colleagues and customers.
• The candidate must be a self-starter but must recognize the importance and value of working as a member of an operations support team.
• Independent problem-solving, highly motivated and self-directing.
• Comfortable working in an operations and support team with heavy end user interaction.
• Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
• Unix Systems administration experience.
• Perl and/or UNIX shell programming/scripting experience.
• Had exposure to end point protection (anti-virus, device lockdown).
• (For Transporter) Distributed Database, Dynamic SQL.
• CCNA or equivalent certifications.
• CISSP or equivalent certification.
Three years of experience in firewall and/or network management, preferably in the Financial Services sector.
Apply by creating/using an account