Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client: Cox Communication
Position: Executive Assistant (637911)
Location : 1341 Crossways Blvd Chesapeake, VA 23320
Duration: 6+ months (Temp To Perm)
Pay rate:$ 25.00/ hr on W2
The Executive Administrative Assistant I provides a wide range of administrative support to the Vice President-People Services in Human Resources, supporting the overall team. The individual in this role will provide seamless execution of tasks and administrative support including extensive calendar management, meeting preparation, managing the daily schedule, and handling tasks on behalf of the leaders on the team as needed. The Executive Administrative Assistant role requires sound judgment and decision making, and confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Screen and prioritize all calls, visits and requests to meet with members of the People Services Team. Reviews, logs and prioritizes communications including phone, mail, email and other messages, and replies directly to general non-technical inquiries or brief correspondence, as appropriate.
• Maintains Leader/Team appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, business dinners, and travel.
• Responsible for overall calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants.
• Prepares presentations, reports and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages.
• Ensure all documents, letters, briefings and other materials are in final format, including but not limited to grammar, content, substance, and accuracy.
• Produces accurate and timely information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text, data and graphics.
• Attends staff meetings, records minutes and creates a summary of the meeting, highlighting the significant issues, distributing meeting minutes and documents, as assigned. Completes specific assignments that may require attendance at and documentation of other meetings.
• Prepares expense reports, memoranda, reports, spreadsheets and presentations, which may require the gathering of data from internal and/or external sources.
• Arrange travel and all accommodations including comprehensive and detailed itineraries.
• First point of contact for Employee Relations calls, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
• Develop systems that organize and structure the work of the team. Organize and maintain files/records on all matters, as appropriate.
• Perform other general administrative tasks, e.g., maintaining electronic files and/or paper files in file room, ordering supplies, ordering catering, etc.
• Integrate into and work with other assistants in support of Human Resources team. Serve as a backup for other assistants, as necessary.
• Collaborates regularly with other executive assistants to maintain a master calendar for the human resources team.
• Act as a liaison with internal and external business units and other Cox divisions.
• Assist with dissemination of internal communications, as needed.
• Coordinate special projects, as assigned, arranges materials and relevant information for project or person.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
• 5 to 10 years' administrative support experience
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Expert level of computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Oracle, PeopleSoft and Outlook.
• Expert level of technical skills in the use of mobile devices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong listening skills.
• Critical thinker with strong eye for accuracy.
• Ability to anticipate problems and create mitigation plans.
• Demonstrated ability and experience to act proactively and to effectively anticipate and respond to the needs of the team.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to engage and influence employees at all levels.
• Demonstrated experience maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
• Demonstrated success working in a high work volume, fast-paced and complex, matrix environment.
• Demonstrated ability and experience in building relationships, working collaboratively in a team environment. Ability to build coalitions and alliances across the enterprise.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, work independently, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to flex work hours, and be available to monitor urgent emails, texts, or take calls.
• Strong planning, organization, meeting planning skills.
• Some completed higher education or executive assistant certification preferred
Apply by creating/using an account