Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Clearance: TS or TS/SCI
We are seeking a System Engineer with a minimum of 5 years' experience with System and Network administration for our office in Dulles, VA. Bachelor's Degree required. A successful candidate will excel in supporting the technical requirements of the Engineering Group and will be responsible for maintaining security posture, maintaining current systems and adding new functionality. The Network Engineer will work with the systems design and development team to create and build systems, resolve security issues, troubleshoot and ensure conformance of products to specifications. This position will require lab skills to debug, analyze and verify products meet functional and performance requirements.
Responsibilities will include though not limited to the following:
Research and recommend innovative or automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
Cybersecurity: Security scans/remediation/compliance reporting, Vulnerability assessment/monitoring/reporting/tools, Incident response, Audit/inspection support, Directives/orders compliance, and Access control.
Technical Administration: Install/configure/patch/upgrade assigned systems, System monitoring utilizing enterprise tools, Performance tuning/troubleshooting, Application support including application/web administration, Account management, Backup/recovery, Automation/scripting, Storage configuration (manage/allocate growth), Monitoring (events, logs, system health), Virtualization, and Clustering
Builds and maintains solid working relationships with internal and external customers
· B.S. degree in Engineering or another related Technical field or relevant work experience
· Red Hat 6.x and 7.x experience is required
· Knowledge of security features and hardening RHEL
· Extensive commercial Scripting experience (e.g. Bash, Python or Perl)
· Web Application Server support experience (e.g. Apache)
· System and Network Monitoring experience (e.g. Icinga, Nagios, Elk, Cacti)
· Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems
· Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together (System integration experience)
· Make recommendations for future upgrades
· Familiarity with network and security tools and applications like A/V, SELinux, SCAP, Nessus
· Troubleshoot problems reported by users and analyze and isolate issues
· Monitor networks to ensure security
· Linux system performance monitoring and fine-tuning experience
· Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers
· Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security
· Knowledge of common secure LAN/WAN infrastructure configurations
· Design and deploy networks; Maintain network servers such as file servers, and VPN gateways
· Experience managing large scale network address assignments (e.g. private class A)
· Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration
· Administer servers, laptop and desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, software deployment, security updates and patches
· Must be detail-oriented and organized
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Self-starter and ability to work independently
· Strong team player able to lead or follow as necessary
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Working knowledge of Atlassian products such as JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket and add-ons such as Xray test management tools
· Network Appliance Configuration/Management (Firewalls, Routers, Switches)
· MySQL, MARIA DB Experience
· Experience with Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware configuration, Network performance monitoring.
· Experience selecting, deploying and maintaining automated test tools and environments
· Experience with virtualization hypervisors (e.g. ESXi, VirtualBox, Proxmox)
· In depth knowledge of Cisco switches and routers
· Understanding of Red Hat Linux
· Devops experience
Apply by creating/using an account