Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Role: Active Directory Specialist
Duration : One Year plus.
Work to be performed at: Street Address: 2733 Crystal Dr. City: Arlington, VA
Statement of Work:
This position is for an Active Directory Specialist with migration experience to provide support for IBM's contract with USAID.
This position is for an Active Directory Specialist to support the transition to Windows 2012R2 and ongoing operations, in a high availability development and production environment. This role is to support a Federal services contract and requires candidate to be able to provide on call support 24 x 7. The position will act as a senior Administrator and assist in the creation of group policies, OU restructuring, group restructuring and Active Directory troubleshooting. Experience in writing documentation, standard operating procedures and updating these documents is required. Experience in FISMA and DISA standards is required. The candidate will work as part of the operations support and maintenance team for windows, and work with network, application, and middleware teams to support product installations, customizations, and deployments as needed. The candidate will be responsible to support all aspects of the transition to Windows 2012. The candidate will also mentor junior admins, assisting when required in troublshooting and training. Experience with scripting technologies such as VB and/or Powershell is preferred. Work will be performed out of the client's facilities in Arlington, VA and Washington DC. Opportunities for telework may be available.
Required skills/Level of Experience:
Position requires 5+ years of experience with the following:
• Day to Day management of a multi domain forest with over 10,000 users
• Demonstrated experience with Windows systems installation, maintenance and troubleshooting, including Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012
• Demonstrated experience with managing and monitoring virtual and physical servers
• Demonstrated experience with managing Active Directory in a multi-domain environment
• Demonstrated experience with Active Directory design and domain migrations
• Demonstrated experience with Group policy creation, troubleshooting, and management
• Experience with large scale datacenter design and operations
• Exceptional attention to detail & strong troubleshooting skills
• Strong verbal/written communication skills
Position requires 3-5 years of experience with the following:
• Experience working with virtual infrastructure (i.e. VMWare) required
• Experience utilizing VB/Powershell to automate common functions
Experience migrating large infrastructures from physical to virtual environments
Nice to have skills:
• The candidate must be able to gather requirements and help architect, plan and implement system solutions for incident and problem and configuration platforms to meet customer requirements.
• Experience with web servers, databases, networks, cabling, new installations and migrations, and security scanning tools is required.
• The ability to write shell scripts and utility programs is also a plus.
• Candidate must have experience in development of implementation guides based on NIST 800-53 moderate and high impact baselines and also must have Federal customer experience and be able to obtain federal Top Secret level security clearance, if needed.
• Off-shift coverage may be required for on-call support of systems and maintenance work in supported change windows.
• To be successful in this position, the candidate must also display excellent teamwork skills, written and oral communication skills, and formal documentation skills. .
Apply by creating/using an account