Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: SAS Senior Advanced Programmer / Health Care Analyst
Duration : 6 months
Hours Per Week: 40 hours per week
Client Location: Boston, MA
Working Location: 100% onsite
DESCRIPTION and RESPONSIBILITIES
SAS is seeking a SAS Senior Advanced Developer with strong Health Care domain experience to work with our client, a Health Care client in Boston, MA.
The consultant must have Medicare Claims data processing experience. Perform the following:
• Develop and maintain data preparation and validation routines to support the reporting of clinical metrics and cost information.
• Automate data load and data analysis programs with a goal of improving efficiencies across customers.
• Develop innovative and/or customized templates and report formats.
• Interface with customers and vendors on ETL processes and map data from disparate sources into data warehouse formats.
• Process and analyze data to support clinical and financial initiatives for managed care organizations.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis of data for the customers.
The client receives raw data from hundreds of different data sources, so the Analyst will need to be part of the integration process of all this data into the client's data warehouse. As part of this process, the Analyst / Consultant will seek to determine anomalies and issues with the data, and use protocols for such things as data validation and quality assurance.
QUALIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL
*** (Clinical SAS programmers supporting clinical trials and submissions are NOT applicable for this role.) ***
The candidate must have experience with Medicare Claims data and large databases, including some or all the following:
Working with Provider healthcare market data (such as physicians, hospitals, labs data)
• Experience with CMS-1500 & CMS-1450/UB-04 data and claim forms;
• Experience working with HIPAA and/or HEDIS, PQRI (Physician Quality Reporting Initiative);
• Experience working with ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes (diagnosis, procedure (CPT), laboratory (LOINC), revenue (CMS-1450), and drug (NDC);
• Experience working with Membership files;
• Experience with Rate Setting;
• Experience with Utilization measures;
• Experience with Provider files and Health Care Provider Taxonomy Codes;
• HL7, CCD (Continuity of Care Document);
• Health care information exchanges;
• EMR (Electronic Medical Record) / EHR (Electronic Health Record);
• Leveraging this for processing, developing, maintaining and analyzing data and data preparation and validation routines to support the reporting of clinical measures and financial initiatives and cost information for managed care organizations;
The Customer requires a Senior Advanced Base SAS programmer.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following, with hands-on, proven experience with SAS programming to maintain and develop advanced SAS coding techniques to write maximum efficient and performance optimized code.
• Experience developing reports and content with SAS 9.4 including:
o Apply and demonstrate expertise with efficient DATA step, SQL programming, Reporting and SAS Macro programming.
o Be proficient in Base SAS programming (DATA step), SQL programming (i.e., use of SQL pass-through or PROC SQL), as well as the SAS Macro language for use in making code more efficient.
o Leveraging and utilizing SAS Output Delivery System (ODS) to MS-Excel experience is required.
Services may include focus on and require the Consultant to:
1. Apply and demonstrate expertise with efficient DATA step, SQL programming, SAS Macro programming, ODS, Reporting and Summary procedures and SAS Array processing.
2. Must have project experience with implementing advanced SAS coding techniques to optimize performance and have developed best practices for efficient coding due to constraints of hardware storage and memory.
3. Must have project experience with sophisticated Base SAS development for performance enhancement and advanced SAS Dataset storage best practices.
4. Project experience with efficiently handling and managing massive volumes of data (large SAS Datasets with upwards of tens of millions of records and/or terabytes of data storage).
5. Have good oral and written communication skills.
6. Lead and/or actively participate in SAS knowledge-sharing activities.
7. Must be able to read, and understand existing coding and processing to troubleshoot and resolved issues as they arise.
Demonstrate the ability to work with little direct supervision; Excellent troubleshooting skills; Imaginative, inquisitive, with a self-motivating personality and a strong work ethic; Customer focused demeanor.
Apply by creating/using an account