Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Duration of Engagement Two (2) year base term; three (3) one (1) year option periods exercisable in the State's sole discretion.
Place of Performance
Department of Information Technology
100 Community Place
Crownsville, MD 21032 Special Instructions
DoIT has policy responsibility over technology matters across State agencies, oversight authority over IT expenditures greater than $50,000, programmatic oversight over Major Information Technology Development Projects (MITDPs), and the authority to centralize common IT functions and assets. DoIT supports Maryland's Executive Branch agencies and commissions through its leadership as a principal procurement unit and in establishing the State's strategic direction for IT and telecommunications, establishing long range target technology architecture, encouraging cross agency collaboration for the mutual benefit of all, and advocating best practices for operations and project management. DoIT uses three elements of project management oversight including professional project management, IV&V and portfolio reviews. The Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) has the overall responsibility for managing the Enterprise IT Portfolio, inclusive of oversight of the MITDPs. The EPMO provides direction related to IT program management needed to successfully initiate, budget, plan, manage, and complete information technology (IT) projects that support Maryland's goal for efficient, effective and innovative services. Responsibilities include: – Governance/Oversight and Risk Management – Establishing and Maintaining Policies and Standards – Promoting Agency Cross-Collaboration – Direct Management of IT Projects and Programs – Provisioning of Project Management Services
The EPMO recently released a revised Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) utilizing the Agile approach to system and solution delivery in which to govern MITDPs which provides new direction for the State in the planning and execution of IT initiatives.
This contractor Project Manager (PM) of MITDP Oversight resource will report to the Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO). The PM will act as the key EPMO oversight liaison for a number of agency's MITDPs, provide any potential supporting IV&V contract/project management activities on behalf of DoIT, provide support and guidance to the rest of the oversight project management team within the EPMO with respect to MITDP oversight, support Agile transformation activities, and the planning of respective systems and solutions within the State.
Duties / Responsibilities
Project Manager (PM)
1. This position shall oversee the respective assigned MITDPs. Responsibilities include overall project planning, governance and management. Duties shall focus on project planning, monitoring and control, risk and financial management, reporting, and serving as primary liaison with Agency and Agency stakeholders.
2. The position shall ensure the appropriate application of the Project Management Institute's (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and the State's Agile Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) in overseeing the project efforts.
3. Establish appropriate strategies, performance and reporting metrics, and processes in support of the EPMO and its SDLC.
4. Develop respective SDLC and other required documentation, enterprise solution roadmaps, executive level briefings and reports, and statements of work (SOW).
5. Provide direction, as needed, to respective Business Analysts, and other resources supporting the MITDPs and other related IT project initiatives supported by the EPMO.
6. Act as the DoIT EPMO liaison/project oversight contact for the major projects; attend respective meetings, prepare associated oversight documentation and reports, and ensure all project requirements for the DoIT EPMO are met.
7. Act, on behalf of DoIT, as the Project/Contract Manager representative for the any issued MITDP IV&V contracts; reviewing deliverables and providing recommendations for improved performance of assigned IV&V assessments. Upon request the PM will also review time sheets, and provide acceptance for invoice and Work Order approvals for the assigned IV&V's.
8. Provide support, and guidance to the Oversight Project Management team within the EPMO with respect to MITDP oversight, Agile supporting transformation activities, and the planning of respective systems and solutions within the State.
Apply by creating/using an account