Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Board currently has an Avaya Aura Communications system consisting of Avaya Aura System Manager, Avaya Aura Session Manager, Avaya Aura Communication Manager, Avaya Aura Messaging and Avaya Aura Conferencing. The Board has approximately 2500 VoIP and 400 digital telephone stations deployed in a large metro-campus environment and has an additional 200+ VoIP stations in a fully redundant offsite back-up facility. During the next 18 months the Board will be undertaking three major voice communications projects:
1. Migration of voice telecommunications circuits to SIP trunking.
2. Possible integration of Avaya Aura communication platform with Microsoft Skype/Outlook/Exchange and/or Cisco video conferencing.
3. Renovation and/or addition of new office space in the DC metro campus.
In addition to working on the above projects the candidate would provide the following technical and operational support services:
· Implement new (or upgrade existing) systems and software.
· Perform system patching and firmware updates
· Assist with telephony circuit installation, moves and problem resolution
· Provide Avaya systems programming services as needed
· Provide unified communications engineer services as needed
· Respond to requests, resolve issues and process change orders through the IT Service Desk.
· Perform telephone moves/Additions/Changes/Deletions.
· Perform daily maintenance activities of the Board's PBX, Voicemail and Audio conference systems (i.e. identify, troubleshoot and resolve alarms and errors within the Avaya systems and sub-systems)
· Make recommendations for improvement of systems and procedures to the Manager of Voice Communications, and Work with other Voice and IT Infrastructure staff to implement the recommendations.
· Perform occasional after hours patching and firmware support, and occasional system wide problem resolution after hours as needed.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required and Desired Experience/Skills:
The candidate must be proficient in the above listed technologies (preferably 7+ years of experience) and must have experience integrating an Avaya Aura communication platform with Microsoft Skype/Outlook/Exchange. The candidate must be knowledgeable implementing SIP trunking in an Avaya Aura Communications platform. The candidate must also be highly knowledgeable and have demonstrated experience in voice communications to include the following specific technologies:
· Avaya Aura Communications Manager
· Avaya Aura Messaging
· Avaya Aura System Manager
· Avaya Aura Session Manager
· Avaya Aura Conferencing
· Calero Verismart (CDR)
The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communications skills. The candidate must be able to use Microsoft Office Products and be proficient with the use of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook. The Candidate must be able to demonstrate experience in the installation, testing, repair, and maintenance of voice and data cabling systems and equipment. Candidates must have basic understanding of data networking.
A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer science or related discipline is preferred. Experience with Avaya Meeting Exchange, Avaya Application Enablement Services, Call Copy Call Recording, Experience with SNMP Management tools such as Solarwinds, Whats-Up Gold, Prognosis, Path Solutions, or similar software. Experience writing Vectors and setting up VDNs. Experience setting up Call Center Agents and Split/Skills. Experience with ARS and AAR route patterns and Dial Plans. Experience with implementing LDAP integration and AD Authentication. Experience creating and maintaining both high level and detailed diagrams of the Voice and Data network, circuit connectivity, and overall system architecture using MS Visio. Experience Managing Small to medium projects in an enterprise environment to include project plans, documentation, conducting meetings, providing end user training, and hands on installation.
Apply by creating/using an account