Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client: CMS (Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services)
Role: Senior Systems Administrator
Location: Woodlawn, MD
Duration: Full Time
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
Required/Must have Skills/Experience:
· Must have 10 years of experience in the system administrator role
· Experience working on Big Data projects or Health Insurance Market Place projects
· Prior Health IT experience with CMS or HHS
· Functional knowledge of CMS IT XLC (Expedited Life Cycle), MIDAS (Multidimensional Information Data Analytics System), ACA (Affordable Care Act), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA)
· Prior experience working in Big Data, AWS and Data Warehousing environments
· Must have demonstrated experience with one or more of the following technologies:
· Java application development
· Apache open software
· Spark or equivalent
· Redshift (includes Spectrum), RDS, Azure SQL, Aurora, or equivalent
· Azure Document DB, Dynamo DB or equivalent
· AWS Services, PaaS, SaaS, tools, experience
· Monitoring and Managing AWS Console
· Experience managing the backup and recovery system
· Experience creating and documenting processes related to systems sustainability
· Experience supporting the installation, configuration, administration and monitoring of MIDAS tools
· Experience supporting requirements to maintain system authorization to operate including, update, security, application and user documentation
· Prior experience performing most of the following tasks:
· Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
· Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
· Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
· Assist project teams with technical issues in the initiation and planning phases through implementation
· Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
· Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
· Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
· Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
· Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
· Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
· Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
· Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
· Architect and design solutions for deployments, upgrade, management strategies, tools and processes for end to end deployment and management of servers/services in AWS.
· Managing all physical and virtual servers
Familiarity with Technologies/Tools:
· AWS, Redshift Spectrum, RDS, Aurora, Apache Spark, Scala, Python, XML, Java, JSON, SQL, S3, ETL
· AWS Athena, QuickSight, Glue, Redshift, Apache NiFi, Apache Jupyter, AWS S3
Apply by creating/using an account