Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client: Cox Automotive
Position: Senior User Interface Engineer (580982)
Locations: New Hyde Park, NY- 11042
Pay rate: $40/hr. on W2
Cox Automotive is currently looking for a Software Engineer to join our Retail Analytics Product Group in North Hills, Long Island, NY.
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take a leading role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems, and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable collaborating within the Agile methodology as part of a cross-functional team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have the passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next level.
As a Software Engineer you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, while contributing to the engineering efforts of one of our scrum teams. You will be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will aspire to use new technologies and challenge yourself to develop innovative solutions. You will work alongside developers and technical leads on a team where collaborative programming and mentoring is regularly practiced
• Contribute to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
• Build software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders.
• Understand technical architecture and writes software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
• Perform trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
• Work with Product Management to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
• Recommend viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
• Foresee capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
• Provide input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
• Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
• Actively works with less experienced software engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
• Actively participate in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
• 3-5 years of working experience
• Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
• Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
• Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
Working experience with appropriate database technology
Apply by creating/using an account