Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Education: B.S. Degree with PMP Certification
• Equinix is looking for a Project Manager to lead 3 improvements projects within a Sales Operations function to reduce Sales Drag / increase the amount of time sales reps can spend selling. This person will work closely with a Senior Director within Sales Operations who is their working sponsor for the specific project. In addition, this person will work closely with our worldwide Senior Program Manager who is leading the worldwide effort to increase time spent by sales selling.
• The Project Manager will work with the project sponsors and key stakeholders, to define program objectives and project scope. Plans, monitors and manages tasks for 3 projects from initiation through to completion. Works with the Senior Director and Program Manager on resource needs. Uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks, issues and changes. Manages programs and projects to ensure on-time completion according to specifications. Documents meeting minutes and holds team members accountable for their decisions and action items. Runs workshops as needed to plan and execute the project. Assists the program manager with the overall business case and works with team members on the metrics / outcomes.
• These projects will be worldwide in nature and require leading teams of people in the Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific theaters. The projects will include changing processes, and adjusting some systems with IT to reduce the amount of time spent on non-selling activities. The project manager will lead efforts in these functional areas: Sales Compensation, Sales Bid / RFQ Management, Sales Reporting, Sales Resource Management.
• The candidate should have a deep understanding of Project Management and ideally also have experience with Sales Operations having lead prior efforts for ideally technology firms.
• Plans and analyzes all assigned projects, and is responsible for all aspects of project management, including managing time and scope/quality constraints to ensure successful delivery against internal customer expectations
• Responsible for program delivery of multiple related projects and builds effective relationships with stakeholders
• Applies a range of approaches to planning and gathering information in which to develop/facilitate/lead more complex Business Cases, plans and schedules (i.e. ROI)
• Leverage project management concepts and tools to design, develop, document and assist in implementing standard processes -- including advanced concepts and techniques where appropriate
• Competent in the use of planning tools, considers and develops cross functional plans
• Understands stakeholder needs and builds effective relationships
• Demonstrates influencing skills to achieve solutions and dealing with challenging stakeholder situations
• Uses a variety of communications methods to deliver information relevant to the audience and project needs
• Fully aware of standardized tools and template requirements and is a 'go to' person for feedback on the development of project/program management standards
• Has an approach to risk management that spans projects level up to strategic risk management where required
• When faced with issues, applies lateral thinking and analyses available information to solve problems and engages with teams to resolve
• Responsible for program delivery of multiple related projects required for a specific business functional strategy
• Will mentor junior project/program team members in project management
• Problem solves resource/budgetary issues with internal teams and external suppliers and conclude disputes successfully and independently
• Regularly reviews project metrics and timeline to ensure appropriate progress.
• PROJECT MANAGEMENT
• SALES OPERATIONS
• PROJECT MANAGER
• BUSINESS CASE
• PMP CERTIFICATION
• SALES REPS
• WITHIN SALES
Apply by creating/using an account