Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client: Cox Communications
Position: Regulatory Compliance
Locations: C-Tech A, 6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA 30328-4235
Pay Rate: $33/hr. on W2.
Temp to perm
Thorough knowledge and / or working experience in the service provider space of a national communications Multiple-System Operator (MSO). Specific tasks require the successful candidate to monitor tickets and review detailed outage information from a problem management ticketing system (Remedy) and determine if the reports contain information detailing an outage of a significant level to meet federal outage reporting criteria. The successful candidate must be proficient in following detailed methods & procedures and handle confidential time sensitive critical network outage information.
A successful candidate should possess the following skills:
· Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects while paying close attention to details and meeting stringent timelines.
· Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with colleagues and support teams.
· Seasoned professional that's dependable, honest and whose integrity provides and fosters an effective work environment.
· Productive worker with solid work ethic committed to excellence and success in an environment where methods and procedures do exist, but requires adaptive thinking to potentially obtain results.
· Technical writing skills - Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys complex technical communications jargon in plain easy to consume language.
· The ability to ascertain and clearly obtain facts of and outage and work with technicians and engineers to determine root cause and preventative measures.
· Knowledgeable of advanced alarming strategies used to monitor a nationwide network.
· Possess/Have the ability to consume and protect highly confidential facts and documents.
· Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications:
o laptop computer operating on Windows 10 & Office 365.
o Outlook e-mail will be utilized to notify and alert key departments of time sensitive actions requiring their action. The ability to monitor email, send and receive mail, flag emails for follow-up will be critical.
o Excel experience comprising the ability to log data, copy and paste, insert columns and rows, navigating multiple worksheets and workbooks, filter and sort data, modify and / or create basic formulas, and saving workbooks to SharePoint, etc..
o Remedy or similar TT system
o Possess the ability to navigate web based tools using bookmarks, URLs and hyperlinks.
o Maintain logs and records as required; generates reports to monitor daily company goals and standards.
Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with more than 6 million total residential and commercial customers. The third-largest cable television company in the U.S., Cox offers an array of advanced digital video, high-speed Internet and telephony services over its own nationwide IP network, as well as integrated wireless services in partnership with Sprint (NYSE: S). Cox Business Services is a full-service, facilities-based provider of communications solutions for commercial customers, providing high-speed Internet, voice and long distance services, as well as data and video transport services for small to large-sized businesses. Cox Media offers national and local cable advertising in traditional spot and new media formats, along with promotional opportunities and production services. More information about the services of Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com, www.coxbusiness.com, and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox Communications, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices.
Apply by creating/using an account