Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client: Cox Automotive
Job Title: Scrum Master(572887)
Location: 3400 New Hyde Park Rd. New Hyde Park New York 11042
Duration: 3 Months
Pay rate:$74.00hr/on W2
Utilizing an Agile project management platform and a servant-leader style, the Scrum Master supports the Engineering team on its journey of continuous improvement and value-driven product development. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable working as part of an interdisciplinary team, have experience working in fast-paced environments and who have passion and skills to take our products to the next level.
As a Scrum master you must have exceptional time management skills to facilitate all aspects of the team's planning and prioritization process. Leveraging your knowledge of the Agile platform and tools, you will have the ability to coach the team on Agile and Scrum principles with a goal of continuous improvement in these disciplines. Through coaching and support of the individual team members you will foster an environment where individuals recognize and value the importance of team success.
· Observation of team dynamics, to recognize strengths and weaknesses of individual team member's contributions, and coach them to improve.
· Helps team members improve individual performance in support of team goals.
· Effectively cooperates with Product Owner and Technical Leader to create an environment in which the team can increase productivity, quality, and predictability.
· Responsible for operational excellence by facilitating backlog grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, daily scrum, and sprint reviews.
· Monitors and supports a scrum team through continuous improvement of Agile execution.
· Helps the team recognize modest but steady operational improvement through the introduction of best practices to solve observed challenges.
· Facilitates the Definition of Ready and Definition of Done criteria for all stories.
· Develop relationships with internal and external customers
· Able to limit ego and the "desire to control" using Servant leadership practices, so that the team can self-form and self-direct its own sprint execution.
· Impediment Resolution by advocating for the team and personally trying to remove impediments or by seeking help from outside the team
· Inter-team Coordination and Collaboration by helping identify and track user story dependencies between scrum teams.
· Learns from and shares best practices with Scrum Masters on other teams.
· Manages personal time effectively and can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal.
· Eliminates roadblocks and creates focus on accomplishing a goal while promoting the team's self-management and continuous improvement.
· Ensure that sprint results and team performance is communicated accurately.
· Protect the team from outside interference and ensuring that the work is delivered as a team.
· Cultivate and foster the environment of trust, good faith, empowerment and creativity.
· Shows enthusiasm and displays energy to take on daily issues and bring them to conclusion on behalf of the team.
· Bachelor's Degree and at least 3+ years of experience in an Agile software development environment leading Scrum teams
· 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master.
· Certified Scrum Master certification is highly desirable.
· Experience with Rally or a similar Agile execution and reporting tools is highly desirable.
· Demonstrated experience leading new product software development
· Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills
· Ability to work with and support cross-functional development teams
· Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical.
· Ability to adapt to frequent changes within the scrum framework and principles.
· Ability to track team progress and velocity using various methods including charts, graphs, etc.
· Strong ability to Lead by example, demonstrating and upholding scrum principles.
· Experience working with an external client to manage defect tickets and requirement requests
Apply by creating/using an account