Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client: Cox Automotive (559469)
Position: Payroll Specialist
Locations: 1275 E Story Road, Winter Garden, FL 34787
Duration: 3 months (Temp To Perm)
Pay Rate : $19/hr. on W2.
Shift Hours : 8 am to 5 pm
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in high volume payroll processing for a medium to large workforce. Strong knowledge of federal/state wage and hour laws, including garnishments. Multi-state payroll experience preferred.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
· Effective customer service, time management and organizational skills necessary.
· Commitment to quality and collaboration in a team based environment.
· Experience with PeopleSoft, Kronos or a similar payroll system is required and Microsoft Office 2010, including strong MS Excel is essential.
(Degrees, Certifications, Languages): CPP or other payroll certification desirable
Physical Demands: Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
Work Environment: Vision abilities required include close, distance, color, and depth perception.
The Employee Service Center (ESC) Payroll Specialist works as part of a dedicated team of HR professionals, serving approximately 22,000 Cox Automotive employees in the United States. Responsibilities include processing of payroll for multiple locations including the planning, organizing, and processing of payrolls. This consists of the maintenance of payroll data for the daily processing and related entries within Kronos and PeopleSoft systems environments. Serves as a subject matter expert to ensure all payroll transactions are processed in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with company guidelines and procedures. The ESC Tier II Payroll Specialist is responsible for providing assistance to employees and management regarding complex payroll questions showing a high-level of support and customer service in accordance with company guidelines and procedures.
• Functions as a Tier II specialist function in support of the ESC Payroll team.
• Supports escalated calls and tickets from the ESC Generalist and strives to provide a final resolution within targeted service level agreement (SLA).
• Serves as an advocate for ESC customer service initiatives within team and external customers.
• Responsible for ensuring accurate processing of internal policies relating to flag/piece pay, union contracts, Rapid Data Entry (RDE) and/or Transload files to process bonus/commission payments, third party sick pay, reversals/voids, prizes/awards, fringe benefits and changes in policy and/or contract language as they pertain to the payroll function.
• Is responsible for tier II escalations that require research and resolution and may partner with management for assistance.
• Audits payroll work and ensure payroll processing checklist is followed to help mitigate payroll processing errors.
• Will review weekly and bi-weekly payroll reconciliations and will validate RDE batches.
• May perform data entry of missed punches, work schedules and time adjustments, direct deposit, tax, and other data in KRONOS and PeopleSoft Systems.
• Balances and audits KRONOS and payroll batch data to ensure appropriate processing.
• Validates tax location code for new hires and transfers and regularly audits this in support of payroll processing.
• Ensures payroll processing compliance with local, state, and federal laws.
• Calculates mid pay period transfer and retro pay.
• Calculates & creates earnings ensuring compliance with state and federal laws
• Ensures that accrued and unused PTO is paid out upon separation per company policy.
• Handles STD payment and 3rd party off sets.
• Prepares off-cycle payroll checks and special payrolls for locations.
• Responsible for payroll recordkeeping ensuring appropriate approvals, controls, and compliance with state and Federal laws and company recordkeeping guidelines.
• Keep customers informed on the status of research and resolution, closes ticket when complete.
• Responsible for securing, safeguarding and keeping confidential employee information as required by our, "Personally Identifiable Information Security Policy” and all other company data privacy requirements.
• Position supports 4 time zones. Must adhere to scheduled phone time during shift and remain flexible to support unanticipated events that drive volume. Flexibility is required to support peak volume events throughout the year.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Apply by creating/using an account