Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client: Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)
Role: Sr. Telecommunications Network Engineer (On Site) / Basic Telecommunication Network Engineer
Duration: 3+ Years Contract (With Possible Extension)
Location: 399 E Broad St, Columbus, OH 43215 / Cumberland, PA
Clearance: Active Secret Clearance
· Must possess an advanced degree in electrical, electronics, or systems engineering, with at least 8 years of experience in that field.
· 5 years of this work experience must be directly related to the below description.
· Alternate qualifications include:
(a) BS degree in a related field and at least 10 years of experience in the information systems/software engineering field, o
(b) Ph.D. may be substituted for two years' experience.
· Prior DLA/DoD experience is preferred
· Experience with the following technologies is required:
o Routing, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MLS), Virtual Private Networking.
o Domain Name System/Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol/IP Access Management (DNS/DHCP/IPAM) appliances
o F5 BigIP Proxy/traffic management appliance
o Great Bay Beacon Server
o Pulse Secure IC Series Unified Access Control Appliance
o Network Protocols, including IPv6 and IPv4 (TCP, UDP, ICMP, IGMP, ARP, AH, ESP, VRRP, BGP, MPLS, OSPF)
o Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting Protocols, including TACACS+ and RADIUS
· Provide technical and administrative direction for personnel responsible for telecommunications network design, implementation, and operations tasks, which includes review of work product for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards and progress.
· Prepare milestone status reports, and deliveries/ presentation on network progress to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
· Minimum of 7 plus years of experience as a Telecommunication Network Engineer.
· Experience in telecommunications network design and management.
· Experience in analysis and design of voice networks, LAN and WAN data networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services.
· Ability to troubleshoot and support existing production networking infrastructure.
· Ability to implement applicable patches that includes Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessments (IAVAs), Information Assurance Vulnerability Bulletin (IAVBs), and Tasking (TAs) for the network environment.
· Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services.
· Develop designs and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion. Analyze the problem and the characteristics of the information to be transported.
· Define the problem and develops system requirements and network specifications. Closely coordinates with other information system professionals to ensure proper implementation of network services.
· In conjunction with functional users, develop alternative solutions and backup plans
At minimum, the personnel should have experience on majority of the following tools/environments:
· Cisco Routers, Mixed environment switches (Cisco and Brocade), NIPRNET & SIPRNET environments, Client Enterprise Open View, Network Automation, ArcSight, RedSeal, Solarwinds/Orion, Network Node Manager, Concord eHealth, Solar Winds, I (including commands, scripts, and utilities)
Educational Requirements: BS in electrical, electronic or systems engineering
Required Certifications: At minimum one or more of the following:
CCSE NGX, CCNP, CCSP, SCNA, CCSE NGX Plus NG with AI, CCMSE NG with AI, CSMSE NG with AI Plus VSX, NSA, ESE, CCIE
· Provide systems administration to support DLA, NTS for WAN.
· Provide and administer management solutions to ensure effective daily operation and to resolve problems as they arise.
· These tasks are required on both the NIPRNET and SIPRNET
Apply by creating/using an account