Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client: Harris Corporation
Role: Systems Engineer / Network Planning
Duration: 06+ Month Contract (With Possible Extension)
Location: Palm Bay, FL 32905
Pay Rate Range: $72.21 Per Hour
Clearance: Active TS/SCI required for this position
Systems Engineer with Network Planning Engineering Experience supporting Ground Satellite Operations.
• Expected to contribute to all Enterprise Network engineering activities pertaining to CDRL's, trades, requirements analysis, management & compliance, design milestones (SRR, SDR, PDR,CDR) and test/verification activities.
• Strong technical emphasis with responsibility for heavily contributing to the system architecture/definition, CONOPS, Use Cases, Enterprise Network Performance analysis.
• Experience with customer and subcontractor technical interfacing.
• Responsible for providing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Responsible for analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Must have at least 6 years of experience working on network system architecture, implementation, integration, and test.
• Master's degree in engineering and a minimum of 4 years of previous experience in system engineering.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering and a minimum 6 years of previous experience in system engineering.
• Hands on experience with network devices (Cisco, Juniper, etc).
• Willing to work in lab and field environments.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Enterprise network design/configuration/operation to include Data Centers, and Management Systems
• Domain knowledge of Network Management Systems & NetOps (NetBoss, Tivoli or equivalent)
• Domain knowledge of network technology and protocols such as OSPF, BGP, MPLS, LACP, FCoE, Metro Ethernet
• Network Security Technology to include encryption (HAIPE, IPSec, Juniper SRX, Cisco Nexus)
• IA and/or Networking Certifications (CISSP, SEC+, CCNP)
• Communication Systems
• Bare metal and KVM virtual environments (VMware, Ubuntu, RHEL)
• Network Device Configuration and Integration experience (Routers, Firewall, etc)
• Implementing and resolving security configuration associated with operations environments.
• Ability to work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with other engineering disciplines.
• Previous experience supporting DoD/government customers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment.
• Previous experience with Model Based System Engineering (UML, SysML, DoDAF).
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work multiple tasks in a fast paced environment and adapt quickly to changing situations.
This position requires the candidate to already possess an active TS/SCI clearance and to maintain the clearance.
Apply by creating/using account