Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Performs complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials; expedites as needed and serves as liaison between vendors and users, getting prior approval for purchases in excess of established limits. Resolves complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases and invoices. Updates project plans and purchasing systems; reviews and analyzes requisitions and supply plans for domestic and international purchases. Negotiates prices, terms and quality requirements; prepares requests for quotes and assists in the development of new supply sources; evaluates market conditions. Performs value analysis to identify cost improvements.
• Procure products by establishing MOQ, safety stock and lead time
• Proactively work on aging inventory to either offload or get the process corrected if FIFO not being followed
• Engage in new product development process and communicate internally with the group to secure products in time
• Review and analyze MRP on a daily basis such as order placement, expediting and validation and analyze any variance to suggest corrective actions as necessary
• Execute, manage and ensure the delivery of components utilizing discrete purchase orders and alternative supplier replenishment techniques including supplier scheduling
• Assists in preparing and prioritizing daily and weekly manufacturing and packaging schedules
• Monitors schedule adherence ensuring accuracy by identifying resource constraints to operations and planning management
• Using operation rates/duration estimates, schedule commencement and completion date with regard to available resources
• Develop daily requirements list ensuring components and raw materials are available to meet schedules
• Update schedule on a daily basis and on completion of operations; revise order details to ensure current information is maintained and available.
• Liaise with all departments to satisfy internal and external customer requirements
• Places orders for components and packaging materials and ensures that all POs, supplier numbers, part numbers, descriptions, corrections and maintenance in the computer is performed in an orderly and timely manner.
• Informs suppliers of rejections and finalizes settlements with respect to reimbursements and / or replacements of product.
Successful applicants will have:
• - 10+ years plus experience in a purchasing, materials or supplier management areas. in manufacturing environment
• - Medical industry, Automobile, heavy machinery manufacturing buying experience
• - Professional procurement or materials certification is preferred
• - Degree level or equivalent qualifications
• - An understanding of electro mechanical, Plastics and or fluidic systems
• - Experience of complex hardware manufacturing in low to mid volume environments
• - Ability to manage the efficient supply of specialist and custom design components
• - A team player that can take the lead and guide peer departments and functions
Buyer, manufacturing, medical, heavy machinery, purchasing
Apply by creating/using account