Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position: Converged Infrastructure Engineer
Position Id: EXPNJP00001483
Location : Allen, Texas 75013
Duration : 6-12 Months Contract
Converged Infrastructure Engineer
The Converged Infrastructure Engineer (CIE) will be responsible for documentation, deployment and troubleshooting of the complete vBlock environment including, but not limited to:
• Virtualization Technologies - vCenter, vSphere, vCloud Director, vCOPS, and vCAC
• EMC Storage technologies and tools – VNX, vMAX, EMC replication technologies, Data De-duplication, Capacity management, Storage tuning
• Network Technologies using Cisco – TCP/IP, DNS, Routing Protocols, Switching, Unified Computing System, Fiber Channel Switching and Zoning, Fabric Interconnects
• Data Center Technologies – Oracle, MSSQL, DB2, Exchange, Tivoli ITM, Monitoring Solutions
The goal of this position is to deliver high quality solutions as part of the Server, Storage, and Cloud team (SSC), creating and working to agreed standards and delivering on time, in supporting data centers in US and UK. CIE acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments, and may supervise the activities of lower level personnel. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. CIE will be responsible for operational support, maintenance, upgrades, and expansion of the vBlock systems. In addition to direct responsibilities the CIE will provide support to other teams who provision and/or operate operating systems running in the Converged Infrastructure, as well as work closely with architecture teams to support and validate strategy, high-level designs and installation alternations.
• Perform operations of the SSC Infrastructure which includes Converged Infrastructure (CI)
• Explores, captures and analyses customer technical requirements.
• Guides the customer when necessary to help them develop their own requirements to resolve gaps or develop a better understanding
• When appropriate challenge customer's own stated requirements in order to reach the best outcome for the customer.
• Expand and grow the SSC infrastructure to on-board new services, while being fiscally prudent and delivering a high-level of service.
• Provides support assistance to operational groups utilizing SSC infrastructure.
• Provides effective capacity management for SSC infrastructure.
• Performs repairs to CI hardware, software, and firmware, or makes changes to systems management software, to improve performance and eliminate problems.
• Implements changes to the production environment as specified by user and/or management. Defines and adjusts downtime change management process.
• Advises and mentors other internal staff and support teams.
• There will be occasions when the candidate will be required to work unsocial hours. The candidate will also be part of an out of hours on-call rotation.
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) related field or equivalent work experience
• 7-10 years of experience working in related IT field such as Systems Administration, Storage Administration, or Network Administration
• General to detailed knowledge in multiple disciplines is preferred
• An aptitude and desire to learn.
• Knowledge of ITIL processes and experience with ticket tracking software, specifically CA USD
• Knowledge of Security principles and standards
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Experience supporting remote locations is critical
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with internal/external customers, vendors, management etc. in both formal and informal situations
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Excellent customer service skills
Apply by creating/using account