Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Description : Software Engineer (Technical Lead)
Location: Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Number of Positions: 1
US Citizen with active secret
Contract to hire
As a technical lead, you will:
• Manage day-to-day activities of the software team including allocating development activities, conducting team meetings, troubleshooting technical issues to ensure project remains on schedule.
• Oversee all aspects of the system design, development, integration, and testing of the software and successfully communicate status, issues and risks to the project manager and customer.
• Coordinate release and sprint planning and conduct daily scrum meetings Create, maintain and track development activities through JIRA, manage sprints and daily standups, track and report progress on weekly basis.
• Provide input to routine status reports to customers and management and support customer status meetings to discuss technical status, risks and issues.
• Develops and delivers formal project technical documentation & artifacts including Software Design Documentation.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field of study and 10 + years of related experience
• Must have at least 10 years' experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering software products to production
• 5 + years of software technical leadership experience
• Solid technical background with hands-on experience in software development and deployment of secure web technologies
• A working knowledge of defensive programming techniques,
• A working knowledge and understanding of DBMS systems, such as Oracle 12c, PostgreSQL, and MySQL
• A working knowledge of design patterns and service oriented architectures
• Proficiency with industry standards and best practices and related tools and technologies
• Proficiency with Agile and Agile-like SDLC
• Experience with continued integration and test-driven development and related tools and technologies
• A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and/or development manager
• Excellent organizational, client-facing and internal communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD SECRET Level Clearance.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with mobile technologies and cross-platform development
• Experience with modernization of legacy systems
• Experience with microservices and microservices architectures
• Experience with GIS systems, in particular Google Earth, NASA World Wind, ArcGIS, ThinkGeo or others
• Experience with Hadoop and big data technologies
• Solid understanding of Information Assurance and DoD STIG environment is preferred
• Software technical leadership experience in DoD
• Knowledge of Spectrum Management, RF Communications or Electromagnetic Effects
• Active DoD Secret Level Clearance
Target Start Date: Immediate Duration: Contract to Hire
Pay Rate Range: $62.50 Per Hour
Apply by creating/using account