Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Location: Jackson Graham Building, Washington, DC – 20001
Role: Sr Helpdesk Tier III
Duration: 1 year
· Provide single Point-of-Contact for Customer Support across a 24x7x365 window via phone, email, fax, and chat
· Provide competent friendly customer support on each interaction
· Transfer out of scope service requests to appropriate WMATA departments for resolution
· Use the WMATA knowledge base on every customer interaction
· Log and categorize reported problems
· Monitor and track problems until resolved
· Provide updates/status to users
· Resolve problems within service levels
· Escalate unresolved problems to designated WMATA Management
· Update WMATA knowledgebase with missing problem resolution information
· Respond to ongoing service request and management inquiries via vendor issued cellular device/smartphone across a 24/7/365 service window
· Server as Subject Matter Expert to peer technicians (Tier I & II)
· Respond to incoming phone calls, chat, and email from other Help Desk Technicians in a positive and professional manner
· Screen, refer and diagnose internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems.
· Install, configure, and upgrade computer hardware and software as a means of training others and in escalated customer service situations
· Provide end-user software troubleshooting and support and training to peer Technicians.
· Apply advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
· Participate in the administration of e-mail system support and problem resolution.
· Provide phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users using remote desktop access as indicated by problem resolution protocol
· Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians
· Maintain current and develop future knowledge of relevant technologies
· Participate in special projects as required.
· Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Function in the Help Desk Call Center with other colleagues in a fast-paced, customer centric "bull pen" work environment as Subject Matter Experts.
· Document and track all calls through WMATA's ticket resolution/customer relations management system.
· Interface with and work under the direction of designated WMATA managers.
· Using WMATA provided tools and systems, diagnose, research, and resolve problems for multiple platforms and applications in response to customer reported incidents.
· Support special projects, services, and other assignments as needed.
· At least 3 years of experience supervising/managing a Help Desk
· Minimum Certifications: Any (3) or any (3) equivalent of: A+, Network+, Project+, Security+, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, HDI Support Center Specialist, ITIL v3 Foundation, PMP
· Minimum Education: Four-year Bachelor's Degree from an accredited U.S. school
· Demonstrate expertise in Microsoft operating systems
· Demonstrate working experience with Microsoft Suites and Applications to include Office Professional, Project and Visio
· Experience with Microsoft Exchange
· Flexible working hours
· 5 days per week, 6:00a.m. - 7:00pm, support for evenings, weekends, and holidays.
· Exceptional understanding of IT Service Management processes
· Demonstrated experience in managing/scheduling computer refreshes on a scale of hundreds of computers per refresh period
· An aptitude for providing positive customer service
· Experience within a Desktop Helpdesk environment
· Good communication, problem solving and technical writing skills
· An in-depth knowledge of relevant operating systems, applications, printers and other hardware required.
· Displays courtesy and sensitivity
· Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
· Must possess a vendor issued cellar device/smartphone
· Responds promptly to customer needs
· Solicits customer feedback to improve service
Apply by creating/using an account