Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
We are currently looking for "Insurers Solvency Financial Analyst – Subject Matter Expert for one of our prestigious client in Hyattsville, MD 20782
If this is of Interest I would request you to please send us an updated copy for your resume along with the details in the Table mentioned at the bottom of this email.
Ampcus Inc is a SBA 8(a) certified Women and Minority Owned global Provider of broad range of consulting Services.
We are an ISO 9001:2015; ISO/IEC 27001:2013; ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and CMMi Level 3 certified company based in Chantilly, VA with offices in NY, PA, GA,TX and CA. We pride ourselves on working with federal, state, local and commercial organizations.
Insurers Solvency Financial Analyst – Subject Matter Expert
Street Address: 3700 East-West Hwy, Hyattsville, MD 20782
Rate $60/hr on W2 with health benefits
Duration: Long Term
Description Of Project And Tasks:
Statement of Work:
To provide Staff Augmentation Support Services. The surety bonds contractor will supplement current staff by completing comprehensive financial analyses of P/C insurance companies which ensure the companies are financially strong in the areas of profitability, liquidity, solvency and risk. Furthermore, the contractor will ensure all companies applying to and/or currently participating in the Surety Bond Program are 100% compliant with the current regulation (31 C.F.R. 223). The financial analysis will be completed within the prescribed internal deadlines as dictated via the performance metrics.
• Performs financial analysis by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; and identifying risk areas.
• Assesses compliance with financial regulations and controls; account balances, balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements; examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
• Reviews and analyzes operational and financial data provided by insurers, self-insurers or trusts to evaluate a company's financial condition; utilizes established financial ratios to determine solvency or insolvency, profitability, liquidity and efficiency; assesses company compliance with statutory and regulatory standards for financial stability.
• Assesses risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated financial processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
• Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing and analyzing items and collateral to documentation.
• Utilizes financial ratios to determine a firm's performance and financial state.
• Provides financial control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and performing trend analysis.
• Performs ratio analysis of self-insurers emphasizing financial stability, profitability, solvency, loss reserves and liquidity; researches historical industry data and indicators for use in analyzing a company's financial status; utilizes mainframe terminal and personal computer to extract and evaluate data.
• Assists less-experienced analysts;
• Performs other related work as assigned.
Required skills/Level of Experience :
• Demonstrated experience with P/C insurance companies analyzing the following:
o Assets with regard to liquidity and quality,
o Loss reserve estimates (and solvency standards),
o Profitability and operational results, and
o Impacts to owners' equity/surplus
• Demonstrated experience monitoring insurers' compliance with applicable laws, federal and state regulations, procedures, and statutory accounting practices.
• Demonstrated experience evaluating and applying risk management principles to P/C insurance companies in order to build appropriate risk profiles.
• Ability to work autonomously in a very dynamic environment requiring the capability of developing various solutions to a given business problem or need.
• Audit, Financial Skills, and Financial Diagnosis experience with Yellow Book in Public Accounting
• Analyzing Information, Research Skills, and Reporting Research Results
• Verbal Communication, Attention to Detail, and Objectivity
• Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP)
• Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Demonstrated experience interpreting and applying NAIC Model Laws, Regulations and Guidelines to financial analysis and financial reporting of P/C insurance companies.
Nice to have skills:
• Bachelor's and Master's Degree from an accredited university is preferred.
• CPA or CIA certification preferred.
• Public Trust Clearance
Specialist – Talent Acquisition
14900 Conference Center Dr.
Chantilly VA 20151
571 223 7491 (Direct)
571 223 7491 x 1059 (V)
ISO 9001:2015; ISO/IEC 27001:2013; ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011; CMMI DEV/3; and CMMI SVC/3
Certified by SBA (8a),USPAACC, NMSDC, WBENC, SWAM
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply by creating/using an account