Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Must be a US Citizen who currently possesses a Secret Clearance.
Principal Systems Engineer with VMware expertise
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems. The candidate will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
1. Communicate effectively with customers and fellow employees
2. Design, implement and manage high availability/ clustering and disaster recovery environment
3. Supports establishment of plans and templates in line with the overall technical architecture format and program infrastructure platform.
4. Completes technical documentation to design, test, implement, train, and transition solutions to operational support.
5. Interacts with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
6. Plans, manages time according to schedules, and provide timely status updates
7. Quickly learns new tools and resolves issues using all available resources.
8. Conduct project based work to design, document and implement infrastructure solutions to solve business problems.
9. Prepares and manages new systems; following program guidelines for documentation for transition to operations.
10. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
13. Serve as Tier III system support for operational systems as required.
14. Troubleshoot and deep dive into VMware infrastructure.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
Must have qualifications:
•Must meet DoD 8570 IAT II compliance including Security Plus with CE enrolled certification plus computing environment certification and hold an active secret clearance.
•Strong written and oral communication skills.
•Hands-on experience with VMware vSphere 6.x, or 5.x. related technologies such as clustering, high availability, and DRS.
•Extensive Troubleshooting Experience in ESXi/Vsphere
•Experience Troubleshooting VM Performance issues
•Hands on experience deploying and maintaining Operations Manager
•Hands on experience deploying and maintaining VMware Replication Appliance (VRA)
•Experience with Site Recovery Manager (SRM) 5.x and higher
•Monitor, administer, and maintain vCenter modules and configurations
•Support implementation, configuration, operations, and maintenance of VMware components to include vCenter Server, ESXi Hosts, Standard/Distributed vSwitches, vSphere Data Protection, Operations Manager, etc.
•Design, implementation, and maintenance of a hybrid cloud integrate with multiple public cloud service providers
•Experience Performing installations and configurations of hardware and software as part of the overall implementation of the approved architecture.
•Experience conducting upgrades to firmware and changes to settings as deemed necessary to meet compliance and cyber security requirements.
•Experience implementing patches and upgrades to ensure the virtualization environment in compliance with latest VMware recommendations
•In-depth knowledge of virtualization storage VMFS data stores and Storage LUNs
•Experience analyzing and executing VMware performance tuning strategies leveraging various VMware reporting tools and capabilities
•Experience identifying, analyzing, and resolving system failures and problems
•Knowledge of best practices to adhere to enterprise architecture
•8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
Nice to have:
•Intermediate VMware experience. VCP 5 or higher certification a plus.
•Foundational knowledge around Linux systems preferably with RedHat
•Strong background in Microsoft Windows technologies, such as Active Directory.
•Hands on experience with Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies is a plus
•Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IP
Networking VPN's, switching, and routing
•Working knowledge of Fiber Channel
•Hands on experience using vRealize Operation Manager
•Proactive thinker and self-starter, must be able to innovate and think out of the box
•Intermediate experience designing, implementing and managing enterprise solutions using Microsoft, Client and VMWare 5.x and 6.x technologies.
•Client blade hardware and virtual platform, Windows Server and SQL Server experience preferred.
•Backup and disaster recovery experience preferred.
Apply by creating/using an account