Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Must be a US Citizen who currently possesses a Secret Clearance.
Customer and Mission: Pentagon Force Protection Agency – The Pentagon Force Protection Agency is a civilian Law Enforcement agency within the U.S. Department of Defense charged with protecting and safeguarding the occupants, visitors, and infrastructure of The Pentagon, the Mark Center Building, the Defense Health Headquarters, and other assigned Pentagon facilities.
This is a great opportunity to affect change by being an integral part of a team of Network, System, Process, and Cyber Admins and Engineers. This team is responsible for re-architecting and constructing the operational environment undergirding the current and future IT platform of one of the most significant defense office buildings in the world. You will be providing front seat support with direct impact on the safety and protection of tens of thousands of military, government and civilian personnel.
Principal Systems Engineer with application and Microsoft SQL Server expertise.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems. The candidate will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
1. Communicate effectively with customers and fellow employees
2. Conduct project based work to design, document and implement infrastructure solutions to solve business problems
3. Defines, creates, and maintains database metrics and documentation for database configuration and support
4. Conduct database systems and applications requirements analysis, design, development, implementation and support
5. Perform and manage and implement IT projects from initiation through closeout
6. Complete technical documentation to design, test, implement, train, and transition solutions to operational support
7. Manage project implementation from the development of assessments, preparation of project charters, conducting briefing sessions with client management.
8. Assist, and publish technical standards including white papers
9. Use Hands-on experience supporting desktop, laptop hardware and network equipment
10. Microsoft SQL 2008, 2012, or 2016. Run advanced database commands and scripts
11. Standardizes and migrates data to facilitate testing by utilizing database and third‐party tools and custom scripts
12. Designs, implements and automates security for databases
13. Diagnoses and resolves highly complex database problems
14. Researches new database technologies to evaluate, install and upgrade database software products
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
Must have qualifications:
• Must meet DoD 8570 IAT II compliance including Security Plus with CE enrolled certification plus computing environment certification and hold an active secret clearance.
•Strong written and oral communication skills.
•Microsoft SQL 2008, 2012, 2014, and 2016.
•SQL Clustering, always-on availability group.
•Minimum of 3years' experience as a developer building and supporting business intelligence / data warehousing reporting solutions using Microsoft SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS.
•Experience building/optimizing cubes with SQL queries, and experience with Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS) including database development, deployment, configuration, security and troubleshooting.
•Strong proficiency with core Microsoft Office Tools (Outlook, Power Point, Excel, and Word).
•Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
•Experience working in a high availability environment.
•Excellent logical and problem solving abilities.
•8-10 years of related Microsoft SQL, and other application and database related experience.
Nice to have:
•Knowledge of SQL Server 2016 would be an advantage.
•Knowledge of Microsoft Azure would be an advantage.
•Excellent English communication skills –both verbal and written.
•Self-motivated and self-directed.
•Very high attention to detail
•Intermediate VMware experience. VCP 5 or higher certification a plus.
•Foundational knowledge around Linux systems preferably with Redhat
•Hands on experience with Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies is a plus
•Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IP Networking VPN's, switching, and routing
•Proactive thinker and self-starter, must be able to innovate and think out of the box
•Intermediate experience designing, implementing and managing enterprise solutions using Microsoft, Client and VMWare 5.x and 6.x technologies.
•Client blade hardware and virtual platform, Windows Server and SQL Server experience preferred.
•Backup and disaster recovery experience preferred.
Apply by creating/using an account